The Skoda Octavia RS can go from 0-100 in a matter of only 6.7 seconds and can attain a top speed of 250 kmph.
At this price point, the Octavia RS is going to create a stir in India. Its Octavia models have developed a reputation for quality and affordability, while also appearing "high end".More news: Houston Police Officer Drowns in Patrol Car During Harvey Response
Skoda is offering the Octavia RS with four years/1,00,000km warranty, 4 years/ unlimited km roadside assistance and four periodic maintenance services every 15,000km/1 year (whichever occurs earlier). The vehicle looks quite similar to the standard auto but gets unique and sportier alloy wheels with much bigger tyres. The regular model, on the other hand, tops out at Rs 22.90 lakh (ex-showroom, Pan India).
On the inside, the theme is predominantly black with the upholstery finished in Alcantara. The seats and the steering wheel have contrast stitching to make it look sporty. The front seats are also electrically adjustable and offer lumbar support. The steering wheel also gets paddle shifters which can be used to take manual control of gearshifts and an RS badge on the bottom spoke.
A colour Maxi-DOT display forms part of the instrument cluster. In Britain, vRS models account for around 20% of Skoda's sales.More news: Nurse Arrested For Refusing To Draw Blood From Unconscious Patient
The XDS+ electronic differential enhances the grip levels by gently braking the inner wheels and transmitting more torque to the outer wheels for better cornering.
Skoda will also launch a coupé variant of the Kodiaq in the Chinese market, which will be manufactured in that country. Skoda had the previous generations of the Octavia on sale in the vRS avatar too but they sold few numbers due to limited demand.
The variable ratio steering wheel on the vehicle is meant to deliver an engaging feel to the driver at speed, and comfort when parking.More news: Simon Mignolet dropped for Liverpool-Arsenal and wants talks with Jurgen Klopp
- North Korean Nerves Subside | US ADP and GDP Under Focus
- What Is Insider Trading Activity Like At Coeur Mining, Inc. (CDE)?
- Harvey's effects on fuel network hit USA motorists as gas prices rise
- Torrential Rains Lash Southern Pakistan, Cause Flooding in Karachi
- Gold rises as dollar retreats amid geopolitical tension
- Teacher Called Her Out For Menstrual Blood. She Killed Herself
- Harvey: How individuals, business owners can apply for FEMA assistance
- Could Activist Trio Trigger a Sale of Hewlett Packard Enterprise?
- Madurai alone has 75 persons playing the Blue Whale Challenge
- Properties worth Rs 14000 crore under scanner of income-tax department