The Skoda Octavia RS can go from 0-100 in a matter of only 6.7 seconds and can attain a top speed of 250 kmph.
At this price point, the Octavia RS is going to create a stir in India. Its Octavia models have developed a reputation for quality and affordability, while also appearing "high end".More news: Harvey: How individuals, business owners can apply for FEMA assistance
Skoda is offering the Octavia RS with four years/1,00,000km warranty, 4 years/ unlimited km roadside assistance and four periodic maintenance services every 15,000km/1 year (whichever occurs earlier). The vehicle looks quite similar to the standard auto but gets unique and sportier alloy wheels with much bigger tyres. The regular model, on the other hand, tops out at Rs 22.90 lakh (ex-showroom, Pan India).
On the inside, the theme is predominantly black with the upholstery finished in Alcantara. The seats and the steering wheel have contrast stitching to make it look sporty. The front seats are also electrically adjustable and offer lumbar support. The steering wheel also gets paddle shifters which can be used to take manual control of gearshifts and an RS badge on the bottom spoke.
A colour Maxi-DOT display forms part of the instrument cluster. In Britain, vRS models account for around 20% of Skoda's sales.More news: Torrential Rains Lash Southern Pakistan, Cause Flooding in Karachi
The XDS+ electronic differential enhances the grip levels by gently braking the inner wheels and transmitting more torque to the outer wheels for better cornering.
Skoda will also launch a coupé variant of the Kodiaq in the Chinese market, which will be manufactured in that country. Skoda had the previous generations of the Octavia on sale in the vRS avatar too but they sold few numbers due to limited demand.
The variable ratio steering wheel on the vehicle is meant to deliver an engaging feel to the driver at speed, and comfort when parking.More news: Could Activist Trio Trigger a Sale of Hewlett Packard Enterprise?
- Nurse Arrested For Refusing To Draw Blood From Unconscious Patient
- Trump hopes government shutdown won't be necessary over wall funding
- Harvey's effects on fuel network hit USA motorists as gas prices rise
- Region spared storm-related hike in gas prices
- Delhi's Ghazipur landfill site caves in: 3 dead, one rescued
- Madurai alone has 75 persons playing the Blue Whale Challenge
- Corinne Olympios and DeMario Jackson Kissed and Hugged at the Club
- United CEO Is Said to Offer $1 Million for Employee Storm Relief
- Simon Mignolet dropped for Liverpool-Arsenal and wants talks with Jurgen Klopp
- What Is Insider Trading Activity Like At Coeur Mining, Inc. (CDE)?