Group B leaders Switzerland were on course to beat Andorra and maintain a three-point cushion at the head of the pool, with much anticipation building toward their clash against second-placed Portugal on October 10.More news: H&R Block, Inc. (NYSE:HRB) Under Analyst Spotlight
But enough talk, let's watch that sweet scissor kick from Ronaldo.
Pele, who shot to global fame as a 17-year-old in 1958 when Brazil when their first World Cup, scored 77 goals for the Selecao during his illustrious career and had always been considered the greatest of all time along with Diego Maradona before Ronaldo and Lionel Messi emerged.More news: United Kingdom and Japan aim for trade deal straight after Brexit
But it wasn't long before the Faroe Islands cut the deficit and found their route into the fixture thanks to some superb opportunism from Baldvinsson in the Portuguese box.
However, the visitors managed to sully Portugal's clean sheet after Baldvinsson latched onto a loose ball to fire home via the left-hand post seven minutes before the break.
Portugal continued to dominate as the half went although the likes of Ronaldo and Andre Silva squandered chances to extend the lead.More news: Manchester City Not Prepared To Improve Bid For Alexis Sanchez
Ronaldo, a Euro 2016 victor with Portugal past year and a four-time Champions League victor with Real Madrid and Manchester United, has now outdone the Brazilian icon on the goal front.
- May starts Japan visit amidst Brexit, North Korea actions
- Manchester United Champions League Walkthrough: Group A
- H&e Equipment Services Inc Stock in Q4 2016 Driven by Institutional Investors
- Chloe Bennet Says She Changed Her Name Due to Racism in Hollywood
- UK's Theresa May doubles down on plan to run for 2022 elections
- Highway Patrol will target impaired drivers over Labor Day weekend
- Brazil judge blocks decree opening Amazon area to mining
- Manchester United make deadline day move to sign Willian from Chelsea
- Kim Jong-un watched firing of intermediate-range Hwasong-12 missile: KCNA
- Pune Woman Has Foetus Without Skull Or Brain, Can Abort: Top Court