"This is not a royal family, and she's not the princess royal".
Trump's son in law and daughter have been massive failures in Washington, but insiders describe the President as emotionally dependent on his favorite daughter and son in law to make him feel better.
The report noted in that quote that "princess royal" is what some West Wing advisers call Ivanka Trump, "but never to her face".
"Excuse me", one former Trump adviser told Vanity Fair. "They think they are special", an unnamed political veteran reportedly told Vanity Fair.More news: Analysts Expect Ross Stores, Inc
The way Ivanka sums up her current position is by now famous: "I didn't ask for this". One well-connected strategist in NY told me that the two were eyeing a move at the end of the school year in 2018.
Another source, however, doubted that they planning that far ahead.
They were unable to influence some of Trump's most scrutinized decisions including banning transgender people from serving in the military, disappointing Americans who were hopeful that the couple would be a progressive influence to balance out Trump's right-wing conservative administration.
"I have heard the concerns some have with my advising the President in my personal capacity while voluntarily complying with all ethics rules, and I will instead serve as an unpaid employee in the White House Office, subject to all of the same rules as other federal employees", she said.More news: 'BJP Bhagao, Desh Bachao' rally: Lalu confident; Sharad Yadav joins opposition bandwagon
Two sources close to Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump say that the White House aides and First Family members are doing absolutely great, thanks for asking, and have nothing to do with anything controversial coming out of the White House, though they're 100 percent responsible for anything that may have impressed you.
Jared Kushner can allegedly be hard, with one source citing an argument he had with former chief of staff, Reince Priebus.
"What is off-putting about them is they do not grasp their essential irrelevance", the Washington veteran said.
The story also reveals another nickname: Washington operatives now refer to the president as "the principal", because we now live in a country run like a shitty real estate company.More news: Clowns saying new 'It' movie is making them lose work
- Killer fingered by talkative parrot caged for life
- 'Despacito' ties with 'One Sweet Day' for longest stay at No. 1
- Six family members believed dead after van swept away while fleeing Harvey
- PM confident Yingluck will be tracked down, but this will take time
- Maryam Nawaz kicks off NA-120 campaign, visits Data Darbar
- Kanye and Kim Kardashian West Think Taylor Swift's Diss Track Is 'Pathetic'
- SunPower Corporation (SPWR), The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (GT)
- Fallout 4 Creation Club brings paid mods to the Commonwealth again
- P, PSP voice serious concerns over census results
- Don't panic, Hurricane Harvey could send gas prices up