A news crew caught the emotional moment a man found out his father had survived Hurricane Harvey, having not heard from him since the storm hit.
"I was on my way out of Rockport Texas after the landfall of hurricane Harvey". Mitchell walked 12 miles in the dark to make it to Rockport, Texas. "I haven't gotten a hold of anybody", Mitchell said while wiping away tears.
Valencia later explained that a CNN sound tech engineer helped set up with call between Mitchell and his father by letting him use the satellite phone. Mitchell told his father that he was about to board an evacuation bus and would "be right there".More news: Bobbi Kristina Brown Biopic Coming to TV
After the emotional phone reunion, Mitchell told CNN that the storm had "terrified" him. "I just lost everything I worked for".
"OK, dad, I'm gonna jump on a bus. I wasn't sure exactly what to say so to speak so I said the first thing that came to my mind and that was 'hang in there.' Obviously I couldn't do anything more and that was that", the man wrote.
The father added, "It meant quite a bit that he was so concerned...it's overwhelming sometimes to think about the love between a father and a son".More news: Anadarko Petroleum Corporation (APC) Hits a New 52-Week Low
"Are you okay?" Mitchell said tearfully on the phone.
Debris lies on the ground in the wake of Hurricane Harvey on Monday, Aug. 28, 2017, in Bayside, Texas.More news: Julian Edelman's upbeat message to fans following ACL tear
- Deadline for linking Aadhaar with govt schemes is now Dec 31
- Meteorologists gave early warning of Harvey's killer floods
- The Mondelez International (MDLZ) Getting Somewhat Favorable News Coverage, Accern Reports
- China learns in border row India will not buckle over security
- Mother arrested after son reported her for drunk driving
- Hyundai Motor halts production in China as THAAD row damages sales
- Malayalam Actress Harassment Case: Pulsar Suni Reveals Identity Of 'Madam'
- When is Game of Thrones coming back to TV?
- Talks with USA suspended in protest: Pakistan Minister
- Much-awaited surgery on Odisha conjoined twins underway at AIIMS-Delhi