The Kerala High Court has once again rejected the bail plea of actor Dileep, who was arrested on July 10 and since then, he has been remanded in custody for allegedly conspiring in the Malayalam actress attack and abduction case. The police have claimed that the conspiracy to abduct and assault the actress and videotape the assault was hatched by Dileep and Pulsar Suni. The actor's last plea, submitted on July 24, was rejected on the grounds that a cell phone and memory card, believed to be key evidence in the case had not been found by the police yet.
The Kerala High Court has denied his second plea for bail on August 29. Dileep, who is charged under various sections of IPC like "hatching criminal conspiracy for abduction and assault" of the actress is now held in a jail in Aluva. Earlier, the Magistrate Court at Angamaly also denied him bail in connection with the case. The actor then approached the high court, which also turned down his plea.More news: North Korea Fires More Missiles As US-South Korea Drills Begin
Dileep employed a new counsel, replacing his previous one, who appeared twice for his bail hearings.
The police had earlier arrested the prime accused, Pulsar Suni, and his accomplices a week after the incident. The prosecution submitted a sealed cover containing 219 fresh pieces of evidence against the accused to the court.More news: "Cajun Navy" reports taking fire in Houston
The 31-year-old actress was returning from a film shoot on February 17 when she was allegedly abducted by a gang of criminals and sexually assaulted in a moving vehicle in Kochi. After nearly two hours, she was dumped near the house of director-turned-actor Lal, who informed the police.More news: HOUSTON FLOODS: Coast Guard rescuing people by helicopter
- Governor holds bilateral talks with Nepal PM at dinner meet in city
- Lions to make Matthew Stafford highest-paid in National Football League history
- Blast kills one near USA embassy in Afghanistan
- Mourinho: Ibrahimovic not an automatic starter at Man United
- Most Active Stock: Chesapeake Energy Corporation (CHK)
- Price of Cigarettes in NY to Soar to Nation's Highest
- Texas Governor Abbott Says Repairs After Harvey Will 'Take Years'
- Carson Wentz continues to work on accuracy and moving within the pocket
- Western Digital likely to get Toshiba memory business
- Spoiler: Huge Match Reportedly Set For WWE Raw Tonight