However, on a parallel news, a Samsung executive confirmed that the company will be launching the new Gear S smartwatch very soon. In 2016, Samsung revealed the Gear S3, once again at IFA in Berlin. Thanks to our anonymous tipster, we can see that the Samsung Gear Sport is listed alongside the Gear S2 and Gear S3.
In a chat with CNBC, DJ Koh, the president of Samsung's mobile division, confirmed that a new Gear S device would be revealed next week. The Gear S3 arrived in three variants: frontier, frontier with LTE and classic. Likely we can predict the name of the watch as Samsung Galaxy Gear S4 Watch. It is also rumoured that the upcoming Gear smartwatch is going to be the first Gear smartwatch by Samsung to come with Tizen 3.0 operating system.More news: P invites rival groups, others to multiparty conference being held today
The earlier rumor didn't shed much more light on the speaker, but it's expected to revolve around the Bixby voice assistant (not that it was likely to use anything else). Samsung mentions that there are ways to keep a track of your fitness. The company however, made the product page live on its website ahead of the launch.
Coming to the Koh's statement, that last sentence means that everyone probably shouldn't expect any revolutionary new health-tracking features from the next Samsung wearable. However, the sales of the Gear S3 started by the month of October and hence we won't be surprised if same will the case this year as well.More news: Destiny 2's New Open-World Activities Break Up The Grind
With many details being leaked out by mistake via company's web listing, one thing that most fitness enthusiasts will be looking forward to is the official announcement of the fitness tracker.
Samsung has introduced the highly anticipated Galaxy Note 8 at its Unpacked event. The phablet globally be available for buying from September at a price tag of $930, which roughly comes around - Rs 59,561. Back then, the device was wild and weird - what with its curved display and physical home button.More news: Wonder Woman director has high hopes for the legacy of her film
- SoftBank invests additional $3 billion in shared-office startup WeWork
- EA Statement Indicates Mass Effect Andromeda's Too Much Criticism Was Little Unfair
- Encana Corporation (NYSE:ECA) Traded -5.4% Below Its 50 Day Average
- Pakistan using India as 'excuse' to support terrorist groups
- Schlumberger NV (SLB) Hits a 52-Week Low
- Is Hate Speech Protected by the Constitution?
- Active Volume Stock: Newfield Exploration Co. (NFX)
- Maserati Ghibli facelift and new GranLusso spec revealed
- Rhys Hoskins Is Off To A Homer-Happy Start
- Mortgage Loan Rates Moving Sideways, Application Numbers Slip