The prospect of Malaysia meeting defending SEA Games champion Thailand remain on the cards after both topped their respective groups to meet second placed teams from both groups in the semifinals scheduled on Saturday.
At this year's SEA Games, five women's football teams, including hosts Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand, Myanmar and Vietnam, played a round-robin format to select the top three teams to win the event's medal set. On home soil, Malaysian archers took gold medals in the compound men's and women's team and mixed team, and recurve men's and women's team events.
Organisers mistakenly printed Indonesia's flag upside-down in a commemorative booklet, prompting protests and revenge hacking attacks by Indonesian activists.More news: Pakistan PM, military ask USA to root out terror in Afghanistan
Malaysia clinched the bronze medal after beating Singapore 8-2.
Until Beram and Toledo came through with late gold feats.
The outbreak is not the first troublesome event at the biennial SEA Games, which has 11 nations competing in a diverse array of sports from swimming and athletics to pencak silat and wushu. A second Malaysian, G. Aravinn Thevarr, Thailand's Jirapong Meenapra and Filipino Anthony Beram are in the final eight.More news: GW poll finds public concerned about Trump's behavior
Malaysia collected a second women's accolade in the bowling team challenge through the experienced line-up of Shalin Zulkifli, Esther Cheah Mei Lan, Natasha Roslan, Sin Li Jane, Syaidatul Afifah Badrul Hamidi and Siti Safiyah Amirah Abdul Rahman posting 6,264 pinfalls to push Singapore and the Philippines to the silver and gold.
Malaysa opened the pencak silat competition with Mohd Taqiuddin Hamid and Rosli Mohd Sharif upstaging Indonesia's Hendy and Yolla Primadona Jumpil in the mens's ganda to wrest the gold.
Kuala Lumpur: Malaysia sealed top spot in Group A after beating Laos 3-1 in their final Kuala Lumpur 2017 SEA Games men's football preliminary round match at the Shah Alam Stadium on Wednesday. The score was changed 2-0 to benefit Indonesia.More news: Qatar restores ambassador to Iran amid regional crisis
- Avalanche sign Harvard star Kerfoot
- Global Automotive NVH Materials Market Research Report 2017
- Antero Resources Corporation (AR) hit its 1-Year High price on 10/10/16
- Barcelona terror attack suspect admits larger plot
- Two blasts in Darjeeling, no casualty
- California Supreme Court upholds measure to speed executions
- Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger: Alexis Sanchez focused and ready for Liverpool clash
- Analyst Opinion Summary: Altaba Inc. (AABA), Horizon Pharma Public Limited Company (HZNP)
- Students disciplined for 'Jews vs. Nazis' beer pong
- A treat for all Judwaa and Salman Khan fans!