Initial examinations of the scene indicate that a auto hit a number of pedestrians on a footpath beside the busy road.
Their genders and ages have not yet been released and they are being treated at a number of hospitals in the capital.
According to reports, several pedestrians were struck by a auto on Adelaide Road shortly before 6.20pm.More news: Mayweather vs. McGregor Odds: Will the fight go the distance? 8/22/17
The overturned auto on Adelaide Road in Dublin.
It appears from initial investigations that a number of pedestrians were struck by a auto.
Reports say a number of units from the emergency services attended the scene which also seen five other people taken to hospital.More news: Charity wants your eclipse glasses
Irish national broadcaster RTE said that police believed only one vehicle was involved in the incident today. Drivers are being advised to use alternative routes.
Dublin Fire Brigade described the crash as a major incident. No arrests have yet been made and investigations are continuing.More news: Statue damaged as anger in Charlottesville boils over
- Some Moms Don't Put Babies to Sleep Safely Study Shows
- Google launches Chrome Enterprise to manage your Chromebook fleet
- Mariah Carey, diva to end all divas, has low-self esteem too
- Three young brothers pulled alive from Italian natural disaster
- Johnson Johnson is Highland Capital Management LLC's 5th Biggest Stake
- Women, children bear the brunt of poverty in SA
- Nokia 6 to go on sale today on Amazon
- Rawalpindi NAB decides to summon Sharif family
- US, S.Korea begin joint military exercise
- Saudi teenager arrested for dancing to Macarena on street