Initial examinations of the scene indicate that a auto hit a number of pedestrians on a footpath beside the busy road.
Their genders and ages have not yet been released and they are being treated at a number of hospitals in the capital.
According to reports, several pedestrians were struck by a auto on Adelaide Road shortly before 6.20pm.More news: Johnson Johnson is Highland Capital Management LLC's 5th Biggest Stake
The overturned auto on Adelaide Road in Dublin.
It appears from initial investigations that a number of pedestrians were struck by a auto.
Reports say a number of units from the emergency services attended the scene which also seen five other people taken to hospital.More news: Symptoms of solar eclipse eye damage
Irish national broadcaster RTE said that police believed only one vehicle was involved in the incident today. Drivers are being advised to use alternative routes.
Dublin Fire Brigade described the crash as a major incident. No arrests have yet been made and investigations are continuing.More news: Hacked Tiger Woods and Lindsey Vonn photos lead to legal show-down
- Dakota Pipeline Developer Sues Enviros For Using Misinformation Against Pipeline
- Le'Veon Bell says he will return to Steelers on September 1
- Three young brothers pulled alive from Italian natural disaster
- Mayweather vs. McGregor Odds: Will the fight go the distance? 8/22/17
- Charity wants your eclipse glasses
- Fallout 4, Skyrim, And Doom All Come To VR Before Year's End
- Rawalpindi NAB decides to summon Sharif family
- Nokia 6 to go on sale today on Amazon
- Police search for teen in deadly stabbing
- Need for Speed Payback trailer has cops coming from everywhere