A 14-year-old boy who went viral for dancing to the Macarena in the middle of a crosswalk in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, has been detained by police.
It is not clear why police have arrested him now after it emerged the video was first posted in July 2016.
The footage was first posted past year, but his arrest was reported on Monday.More news: Some 30000 civilians trapped by fighting in Tal Afar
It is not clear what his nationality is or if he has been formally charged.
In the 45-second video, the teen can be seen doing the Macarena - yes, the catchy 1990s dance craze that took the world by storm - while standing in front of a row of cars.
Because of a lack of codified penal law in the country, penalties for children are often left to the discretion of authorities.More news: Women, children bear the brunt of poverty in SA
Some Twitter users have called the boy a "hero", while others say his behaviour was "immoral".
In the video, the teenager wearing a striped t-shirt, grey sports shorts and brightly-coloured shoes strides to the middle of a road.
Earlier this month, Saudi police arrested a local singer for busting the "dab" move during an onstage performance.More news: New images emerge of Barcelona terror attack suspect
"Dabbing" has been outlawed in Saudi Arabia by the National Committee for Drug Control, on the grounds it encourages drug use, according to Saudi media.
- Kaifiyat Express Derailed in Auraiya: second Derailment in 4 Days
- Nokia 6 to go on sale today on Amazon
- Fearing Anti-Fascist Protests, 67 Right-Wing Rallies Canceled
- Indians' Miller exits game due to injury
- Charity wants your eclipse glasses
- Trump supporters, protesters clash outside rally — GRAPHIC CONTENT WARNING
- Symptoms of solar eclipse eye damage
- Long term Growth Analysis of Micron Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ:MU)
- The Redmi Note 5A Features An FPC1035 Sensor
- State Department Issues New Travel Warning For Mexico Over Violence, Crime Threat