A 14-year-old boy who went viral for dancing to the Macarena in the middle of a crosswalk in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, has been detained by police.
It is not clear why police have arrested him now after it emerged the video was first posted in July 2016.
The footage was first posted past year, but his arrest was reported on Monday.More news: Plains Group Holdings, LP (PAGP) Upgraded to Buy at Jefferies Group LLC
It is not clear what his nationality is or if he has been formally charged.
In the 45-second video, the teen can be seen doing the Macarena - yes, the catchy 1990s dance craze that took the world by storm - while standing in front of a row of cars.
Because of a lack of codified penal law in the country, penalties for children are often left to the discretion of authorities.More news: Nokia 6 to go on sale today on Amazon
Some Twitter users have called the boy a "hero", while others say his behaviour was "immoral".
In the video, the teenager wearing a striped t-shirt, grey sports shorts and brightly-coloured shoes strides to the middle of a road.
Earlier this month, Saudi police arrested a local singer for busting the "dab" move during an onstage performance.More news: State Department Issues New Travel Warning For Mexico Over Violence, Crime Threat
"Dabbing" has been outlawed in Saudi Arabia by the National Committee for Drug Control, on the grounds it encourages drug use, according to Saudi media.
- Barcelona attack: 15th victim had just reassured parents he was safe
- MSNBC visits ME to pick Sen. Collins' brain
- Some 30000 civilians trapped by fighting in Tal Afar
- Residents in southeastern BC to return home as wildfire conditions ease
- Fearing Anti-Fascist Protests, 67 Right-Wing Rallies Canceled
- Signs your eyes may have been damaged during the eclipse
- TAD Throw-Out Second Cristiano Ronaldo Appeal
- Kaifiyat Express Derailed in Auraiya: second Derailment in 4 Days
- Long term Growth Analysis of Micron Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ:MU)
- Mariah Carey, diva to end all divas, has low-self esteem too