And when the pigs were slaughtered, farmer Rachel Rivers said it was appropriate to give the firefighters some of the sausages to show her appreciation.
"We'll be sending Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service packs of vegan sausages so that they can see how easy it is to truly be heroes for pigs - by sparing them all suffering", PETA's Mimi Bekhechi said.
A spokesman for Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service thanked the farm for their "generosity", adding: "We can tell no porkies, the sausages were fantastic".
In a potentially controversial move, farmer Rachel Rivers thanked the Pewsey fire team by giving them sausages.More news: Death toll in Spain terror attacks rises to 15
The animals were given a six-month stay of execution when they were rescued from the farm at Milton Lilbourne.
The blaze happened after hay in a barn caught fire. You can't keep them as pets'.
Vegans have branded a story about firefighters eating piglets they had previously saved from a burning building as "stupid".
Pewsey Fire Station shared photographs of the gift, which they barbecued, to Facebook on Monday.More news: Laverne Cox Announces Mystery Collaboration With Beyoncé
The fire at the farm burned about 60 tons of hay.
"I'm sure vegetarians will hate this", Rivers told the BBC.
The firefighters thought the sausages were "fantastic".More news: Air Strike In Yemen Kills At Least 35 People
TOWN OF SIN What was the Rotherham sex abuse scandal, who were the grooming gang and who is MP Sarah Champion?
- Big changes hit Overwatch's Competitive mode
- USA secondary sanctions "will not help" resolve N. Korea issue: Chinese MFA
- Spain terror attack suspects appear in court
- Walker sorry for Manchester City red card
- SEA Games: Singapore wins men's 4x100m freestyle relay in Games record time
- Malia Obama Spotted at Harvard for Move
- Keane backs Everton teammate for England call-up
- Stock in the Spotlight: AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. (AMC)
- Judge shot and killed angry plaintiff who wounded him outside OH court
- Canadian Western Bank (CWB) Given Average Rating of "Hold" by Analysts