LG Electronics will create 300 jobs in MI once a newly announced EV components plants opens in Detroit, the South Korean company says.
LG provided 11 major parts for the Chevrolet Bolt EV released in the U.S previous year, winning global recognition in the field.
LG Electronics is building a 250,000-square-foot EV parts plant in the Detroit suburb of Hazel Park. The project will mean at least 292 new jobs 137 LG factory workers in Hazel Park and another related 155 engineers and technicians at the expanded LG R&D Center co-located with LGs vehicle components USA headquarters in Troy, Michigan.More news: Cognizant Tech Solutions Class A (NASDAQ:CTSH) Just Reported Decreased Shorts
South Korea's LG Electronics Inc is building a production site to supply parts for electric vehicles (EV) in MI, home to LG Chem's EV battery factory and American automobile industry.
Kenneth Chang, head of vehicle component business of LG Electronics USA, (left) talks with Michigan State Governor Rick Synder at the government office. In the first half of the year, LG's vehicle component racked up 1.76 trillion won in sales.
LG will invest about $25 million in the project, and will receive a $2.9 million grant under the Michigan Business Development Program.More news: Turkey expects Iraqi Kurds to cancel independence vote
"When leading global companies like LG invest in MI and create hundreds of good, high-paying jobs here, it speaks volumes about the strong business and mobility climate in the state today", Governor Rick Snyder said in a statement.
The Michigan plant is the second facility LG has chose to build since the protectionist Donald Trump administration began earlier this year. Construction is also under way on an LG North American Headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey.
Around 300 new jobs are expected to be created by the new factory construction.More news: China's Great Wall considers bid for Fiat Chrysler Jeep unit
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries (NYSE:TEVA) Experiences Heavier than Usual Trading Volume
- How Does Stryker Corporation (SYK) Stack Up Right Now?
- France wants to involve psychiatrists in preventing attacks
- PM Abbasi leaves for Saudi Arabia on first foreign visit
- Britain to draft guildlines for leaving European Court jurisdiction
- Stunning new Ferrari Portofino to replace California T
- Bungie prioritizing "simulation" over frame rate for console Destiny 2
- White House Minute: Is Bannon better in or out?
- Factors to Note Before Buying Intuit Inc. (INTU)
- Is Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:ALXN) a Long Term Growth Play?