No one won the $535 million Powerball jackpot in Wednesday's drawing.More news: Energy Transfer Partners, LP (ETP) Reached a 52-Week Low
According to CNN Money, the Powerball prize on Saturday night is slated to be the 10th largest Powerball in USA history. Since June 10, the last time someone claimed the grand prize, it has gone from the minimum $40 million jackpot to the current $510 million jackpot.
Powerball is played in 44 states in the U.S., plus D.C., the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico. The next drawing is Wednesday night.
Four other big-prize winners came from tickets sold in North Carolina, winning a base prize of $50,000. The prize has now gone up to an estimated $650-million. Three of these had the $1 Powerball that multiplied the prize by 4, which quadrupled the prize to $200,000. Tickets must be purchased by 7:30 p.m. the day of the drawing.More news: Submarine owner says missing reporter died in accident
"It only takes one ticket to win", said Iowa Lottery CEO Terry Rich.
A lump sum cash value, before taxes, would be $411.7 million. Each play costs $2.
The last MI player to win the Powerball jackpot was Julie Leach, of Three Rivers.More news: Americans, Zimbabweans Anxiously Waiting for Total Solar Eclipse
- Vietnamese Sailor Rescued From Philippine Militants' Camp After Nine Months
- China Unicom surges to two-year high on restructuring
- Arsenal don't get fair share of penalties: Wenger
- AMG GT R and AMG GT Roadster come to India
- Justin Theroux says Jennifer Aniston marriage is based on humor
- North America to Witness Total Solar Eclipse Today
- Team Line-Ups & Updates: Swansea City vs Manchester United
- Part-time Palm Beacher Donald Trump, Melania reveal eclipse watch plans
- Men Partially Blinded From A Solar Eclipse Warn Others To Watch Safely
- Which insiders are trading General Electric Company (GE)?