The ICC has thrown its support behind the tour, and has been closely involved with the PCB, helping it assemble the security apparatus to FICA's satisfaction as well as its own, according to PCB chairman Najam Sethi.
Talking about Pakistan Super League (PSL) final, he said that he wished that the match could be played in Karachi this year.
A World XI made up of players from all top Test nations has been confirmed to play a three-match T20I series in the Pakistan city of Lahore in September.More news: Finland terror attack suspect named
All expenses of the tour would be borne by the PCB. Global cricket in Pakistan has been badly affected for nearly two decades with teams frequently refusing to tour there. He also stated that talks with Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) were still on over the number of games to be played.
The tours are seen as a big step towards Pakistan once again hosting major global outfits after militants targeted the Sri Lankan team bus in Lahore in 2009, killing eight people and wounding at least seven players.More news: Washington Redskins Preseason: 3 Takeaways vs Packers
"In September, October and November, we'll have the World XI, we'll have Sri Lankan team and then the West Indies (come play in Pakistan)". "Those who are coming let them come".
Global cricket in the country had ceased after the Sri Lanka team bus was attacked by gunmen during their tour 2009. "I am planning to go to Karachi and will meet with security personnel".
"Once the World eleven comes to Lahore the Sri Lankan team will also come and it will open the doors for more teams to come to Pakistan", he added.More news: India come back from behind to beat Mauritius 2-1
In 2015, Zimbabwe had toured Pakistan for a short limited-overs series but it was marred by a bomb blast merely 800 metres from the Gaddafi Stadium during the second ODI. The final was held in Lahore and saw couple of worldwide players, including West Indies' Darren Sammy, participate.
- The HTC Vive Gets A Permanent $200 Price Cut
- Nifty, Sensex ends near 2-week closing low
- Arsenal Loan Out Defensive Pair
- US, South Korea launch joint military drills despite N Korea threats
- Ibrahimovic fighting fit for possible Manchester United return
- Hyd: J&K youth held for 'disrespecting' national anthem
- U.S. embassy in Russian Federation suspends issuing nonimmigrant visas
- Lavrov: Russia Won't Follow 'Stupid' US Example After Visa Freeze
- Pendleton County schools canceled Monday over problems with eclipse glasses
- Sunday's Pride Parade to symbolically link past to present