In this photo taken Friday, Aug. 18, 2017, Poureal Long, a fourth grader at Clardy Elementary School in Kansas City, Mo., practices the proper use of eclipse glasses in anticipation of Monday's solar eclipse.
Many schools and school districts sent letters to parents in advance of the first day of school.
It's a big reason why staff at Community Day School in Sarasota ditched the 150 solar glasses they ordered on Amazon after recently finding out the glasses aren't verified. That's because administration does not want students or employees on the road during solar eclipse peak time.More news: ReCore: Definitive Edition Announced To Be Released Later This Month
Many school districts are planning to keep kids indoors for recess and P.E. classes during the afternoon.
School officials said they bought glasses for students to view the event, but determined some were not on the NASA-approved list after reviewing the labels. Numerous kids will be heading home during the peak of the eclipse.
Officials said the day will be added to the end of the school year as a makeup day.More news: South Korea military drills not conducive towards easing tensions: China
Some students, depending on grade level, will go outside for planned activities during the eclipse. Other students will remain in classrooms during the passing period.
All principals who received the glasses have been notified by the school superintendent to to refrain from distributing them to students.More news: Russia's Rosneft buys Essar Oil assets for Rs 78000 crore
- United States launches probe over China's intellectual property practices
- Kylie Jenner Is Done Wearing Wigs: 'I Don't Want To Be Weirdo'
- President Trump Disbanded a Federal Panel Aimed at Fighting Climate Change
- Lavrov: Russia Won't Follow 'Stupid' US Example After Visa Freeze
- Secret Service Investigating Trump Assassination Comment
- Manchester City vs Everton live streaming and TV information
- Smith & Williamson and Rathbone merger set to give staff huge payday
- Arsenal Loan Out Defensive Pair
- Intel to launch its next generation chip
- Rathbone Brothers plc (RAT) Rating Reiterated by Numis Securities Ltd