Israeli border police shot and killed a Palestinian teenager who they allege wielded a knife at them at a checkpoint in the occupied West Bank.
The assailant was identified as 17-year-old Qutaiba Zahran, who died at the scene shortly after being shot.
The Palestinian Health Ministry confirmed the 17-year-old had been killed on Saturday, but did not elaborate on the circumstances of the death.More news: Sunny skies forecast for Monday's eclipse
MDA reported that the injured IDF soldier was evacuated to Beilinson Hospital and apparently suffered from a bullet fragment wound in his leg. When the commander and Border Police soldier stationed near the junction came over to inspect him, the terrorist drew a knife.
The suppression of the weekly Palestinians' protest against the West Bank barrier by the Israeli forces left dozens suffering from tear gas inhalation, local media reported Friday.
Five other Palestinians were detained in overnight raids across the West Bank.More news: Ulchi Freedom Guardian 2017 exercise to begin August 21
Following the killing of Zahran, Israeli forces closed the Zaatara checkpoint for most of the day, preventing Palestinians from crossing in either direction.
The Israeli army claimed that the arrested Palestinians "participated in hurling stones, fireworks and Molotov cocktails", at officers and soldiers, over the past two weeks.More news: The Handmaid's Tale Star Elisabeth Moss Defends Scientology
- Republicans lash out at Trump's latest remarks on white power rally
- Windies under the cosh after Cook 243
- Blac Chyna Has Her Own Line Of Dolls Now
- Bonnie Tyler to sing 'Total Eclipse' hit during eclipse
- Sen. Graham to Trump: 'Your words are dividing Americans'
- Merck CEO resigns from President's council
- Barcelona: Cell behind Spain twin attacks 'dismantled'
- U.S. post offices in path of eclipse offer special postmarks
- Man Utd net three goals in four minutes to thrash Swansea
- "Sometimes you need protest in order to heal" - Donald Trump