Kenobi, a recluse played by the late British actor Alec Guinness, was the mentor to Luke Skywalker and introduced the young warrior to the Force in the first "Star Wars" movie in 1977. Providing Disney and Daldry are able to reach a deal, the director would reportedly lead the development and writing of the film alongside executives from Lucasfilm. Unfortunately, THR's article that broke the news does not follow an official announcement from Lucasfilm, but instead cites unnamed sources, of which also claim that no script has been written and that no cast is attached.More news: Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho names unchanged side against Swansea
Star Wars fans will know that a Yoda movie has not yet been confirmed and that the Boba Fett movie is looking likely to become a movie about bounty hunters in general after Lucasfilm had to put the Boba Fett movie on indefinite hold following Josh Trank's dramatic split from the recent Fantastic Four movie which saw the director removed from the project. The spin-off will be one of the several projects in the makings by Lucasfilm, which will fall outside the of the main Skywalker plotline.
The project has no script yet, but Oscar-nominated British film-maker Stephen Daldry is in early talks to direct it, the publications said. Recently, he directed an episode of Netflix's period drama, The Crown, which has earned him an Emmy nomination.More news: Nemanja Matic hails Manchester United supporters
As the spinoff is in its early stage, it is not known when it will be released.More news: Barcelona Reels From Deadly Terror Attack
"I think they've got films to make until the 2020s", McGregor says, "so I don't think it's going to happen soon if it happens at all".
- No US strike on North Korea without South Korea's approval, Moon says
- Tenet Healthcare Corp (THC) Stock Surges on Board Shakeup
- Kokomo Humane Society to host Clear the Shelter
- 90s fighting classic Tekken debuts on Android, iOS
- Muzaffarnagar train derailment: NDRF mobilized for rescue ops
- Trump Tells Guam Governor Nuclear Tensions Will Mean More Tourism
- Leeds United Striker Chris Wood Issues Statement
- North Korea must stop 'provocative' behaviour and we're ready to protect Guam
- Kylie Jenner Talks About Her Breakup With Tyga in "Life of Kylie"
- Lebanese Army: No Coordination with Hezbollah, Syria in IS attack