He ends with a paragraph offering perhaps the boldest statement in the missive - he and his wife Kathryn will be donating $1 million to the Anti-Defamation League to continue the fight against hate.
James wrote "Trump's response to Charlottesville should concern all Americans and free people". Democrats, Republicans, and others must all agree on this, and it compromises nothing for them to do so.More news: Tributes paid to tragic victims as search continues for missing boy (7)
The president has drawn widespread and bipartisan criticism for his comments at a Trump Tower news conference where he insisted that "both sides" were to blame for violence at a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville where a counter-protester was killed. Clearly, he changed his tune following the election, as Fox News' coverage has been pro-Trump all the way, save for Shepard Smith's periodic afternoon pushbacks and the occasional sardonic take from Chris Wallace. In the email, he decried the "brutal terrorism and violence perpetrated by a racist mob".
His $1 million donation to the Anti-Defamation League is laudable.
Apple CEO Tim Cook wrote in a staff email obtained by THR earlier this week: "We must not witness or permit such hate and bigotry in our country, and we must be unequivocal about it. It is about human decency and morality".More news: The Hot Stock: Freeport-McMoRan Jumps 5.7%
Murdoch is the latest executive to lash out at the president. When President Trump makes 180-degree turns on a slew of issues, the Fox News hosts shouldn't be darting and dashing to catch up or denying that the president has reversed himself. You can read the full text of his memo here.
The younger Murdoch begins his letter by saying he was writing "in a personal capacity, as a concerned citizen and a father", but he went on to highlight how his business had tried to contribute to a diverse and tolerant society.
James certainly sends a message by adding "terrorists" to the list of groups that should never be considered to have any "good" (or as Trump said about Nazis, "fine") people. Often times not everyone agrees with the stories and positions that emerge from this, and that can be hard.More news: Why there are no trades that make sense for LeBron James
"B$3 ut in this case I wanted to tell you and encourage you to be generous too", he said.
- Trump just congratulated Kim Jong Un for not attacking America
- Pelosi endorses Democrats' resolution to censure Trump
- The Brokers Issue Forecasts for Iamgold Corporation's FY2017 Earnings (IAG)
- Cook hails Root after cashing in against Windies
- Mother, 21, of newborn found covered in ants could face 20 years
- Trump demands North Korea 'get their act together'
- Man recalls one of his life's biggest mistakes: Staring at an eclipse
- Merck CEO Resigns From A Trump Business Council, Citing His Conscience
- Virginia Governor Claims 'Both Sides' Not at Fault for Charlottesville Violence
- Syracuse basketball: Andrew White signs with Boston Celtics