Reports suggest that the group of terrorists in Cambrils tried to re-create the earlier attack in Barcelona, which came mid afternoon Spanish time and also left at least 100 people injured them, Catalan police confirmed.
A British child is missing after the Barcelona terror attack and other United Kingdom nationals are believed to have been caught up, the Government has announced.
Jean-Yves Le Drian, the foreign minister, has said he will travel to the Catalonian city today.More news: TRAI raises penalaties for call drops
Two terror attacks have gripped Spain, killing 13 people.
Mr Cadman is understood to be British, and Julian - a student at St Bernadette's Primary in Lalor Park - may have dual citizenship by descent, according to media reports.
More than 100 people were injured after the terror attack. "Terrorism is the great threat that we all face but together we will defeat it".More news: Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger backs strongman Sead Kolasinac
"Sadly, I must tell you that we do believe that a number of British nationals were caught up in the attack", she said.
Three Italians were among the injured, the Italian Embassy in Spain said. "We are now assisting a small number of British people affected and are working to find out if any more need our help".
Spanish authorities previously said the dead and injured are from 24 countries. Our thoughts are with those affected. "Terrible reports from Barcelona".More news: Korea President for his North policy
Watch Theresa May's statementTheresa May's full statement: "This morning I spoke with Mariano Rajoy, the Spanish prime minister, to offer my deepest condolences after the bad attack that took place in Barcelona and the United Kingdom stands shoulder to shoulder with Spain in confronting and dealing with the evil of terrorism and I have offered any assistance that we can provide". They are working on the theory that the attacks in Cambrils and Barcelona are linked to a gas explosion at a house in the town of Alcanar on Wednesday that killed one person.
- See the eclipse at Shakopee Public Library
- Lebanese Army: No Coordination with Hezbollah, Syria in IS attack
- North Korea: South Korea's Moon Jae-in a 'failure'
- South Korea hints it'll consider envoy to North
- Bareilly Ki Barfi Budget, First Day Box Office Collection
- Slides: What to Watch For: Patriots vs Texans Preseason Game 2
- Merk, Under Armour CEOs resign from Trump's American Manufacturing Council
- FBR & Co Cuts Discovery Communications, Inc. (DISCA) Price Target to $28.00
- Trump's manufacturing jobs initiative loses more leaders
- Android O will eclipse all other tech news on August 21