Update 2.10pm: A seven-year-old boy missing since the Barcelona attacks has been found alive in hospital, The Guardian is reporting.
Julian's aunt Hayley has posted a desperate appeal online to help find her nephew. "Please like and share", she said.
"Sadly I must tell you that we do believe that a number of British nationals were caught up in the attack and we're urgently looking into reports of a child believed missing who is a British dual national", May said in a televised statement from Downing Street.
"Julian is 7-years-old and was out with Jom when they were separated, due to the recent terrorist activity".More news: Analyst Stock Ratings: Newell Brands Inc. (NWL), Domino's Pizza, Inc. (DPZ)
News Corp Australia has contacted DFAT for a response on the status of the boy and his mother.
After Mr Cadman made a plea for information, Prime Minister Theresa May said United Kingdom authorities were "urgently looking into reports" that a child, who has dual British nationality, is missing.
In the second attack, a gang wearing suicide belts rammed civilians with a auto before being shot dead by police.
Fears are growing for a young boy with links to the United Kingdom who is missing after the attack in Barcelona.More news: See the eclipse at Shakopee Public Library
Of the eight Australians impacted by events in Barcelona, Ms Bishop said four were injured, three required consular support and one is unaccounted for.
His mother Jom Cadman, who was separated from him during the attack, has been found in hospital.
The police force for Spain's Catalonia region says the five suspects shot and killed in the resort town of Cambrils were carrying bomb belts, which were detonated by the force's bomb squad.
Firearms were removed from the scene and belts they were carrying are being treated as potential explosive devices.More news: Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger backs strongman Sead Kolasinac
Separately, six civilians and one police officer were hurt when a vehicle drove into people in the town of Cambrils in a second attack.
- The Solar Eclipse and Your Pets: Dangerous or Not?
- TRAI raises penalaties for call drops
- British grandfather in search for missing 7-year-old after Barcelona attack
- Mets trade Curtis Granderson to Dodgers
- South Korea hints it'll consider envoy to North
- Solar Eclipse 2017: Everything you need to know
- Korea President for his North policy
- Merk, Under Armour CEOs resign from Trump's American Manufacturing Council
- Trump's hard words for North Korea had an effect
- FBR & Co Cuts Discovery Communications, Inc. (DISCA) Price Target to $28.00