In Turkey, Hungary, Greece, Germany, France, Italy and Spain, more people had confidence in the Russian president than in his USA counterpart "to do the right thing regarding world affairs", according to the poll.More news: Gilead Sciences Target of Unusually Large Options Trading (GILD)
These countries included USA allies like CNNGermany, France, and Japan.
Brisbane-born Perkins posted on Twitter announcing his defection: 'I'm the most excited guy in the world right now!More news: Trump Renews 'Fake News' Insult When Acosta Presses About Charlottesville
"Although confidence in Putin's handling of foreign affairs is generally low, in many countries he is more trusted than American President Donald Trump", the Pew Center wrote about its new poll that asked which leader they felt would "do the the right thing".
Ms Merkel and several European leaders vehemently opposed Mr Trump's lack of endorsement of Article 5 of North Atlantic Treaty Organisation - which states that when one member of the military alliance is attacked it is as if all are attacked. Nearly three in four had little or no confidence in him. Trump also led among non-NATO U.S. allies Australia and the Philippines, as well as in Israel, where he was far more trusted than Putin. In both countries trust in Putin outpaces Trump by 31 percentage points.More news: Game of Thrones Season 7: What did the letter Arya found say?
He bettered the Russian president in Australia, Canada, Poland, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom, albeit by small margins. Trust in Putin also exceeded trust in Trump by double digit percentage points in Vietnam, Germany, Tunisia, Mexico and South Korea. In South Korea, Putin's margin was 10 points. Half of Greeks surveyed said they had confidence in Putin, while only 19 percent said the same of Trump. Depending on the country, interviews were conducted by telephone or face-to-face. Despite widespread disapproval, the vast majority of those surveyed do not view Russian Federation as a major threat to their nation.
- Klopp: Why would anyone leave Liverpool?
- Pioneer Natural Resources Company
- Nothing has changed on Coutinho: Klopp
- Court rules against Gordhan in Gupta banks case
- CEOs quit Trump's manufacturing council amid backlash over Charlottesville response
- Confederate Monument in Arizona Tarred and Feathered
- Mostly cloudy, chance of showers and thunderstorms — TODAY'S FORECAST
- Pressure Mounts On CEOs to Step Down From Trump Council
- Trump Shuts Down 2 Advisory Councils Amid Charlottesville Criticism
- Array BioPharma's (NASDAQ:ARRY) "Buy" Rating Reaffirmed at Cantor Fitzgerald