When Acosta asked why he wasn't holding a scheduled press conference where reporters could ask questions, Trump answered, "We just had a press conference".
"They've been condemned. They have been condemned", Trump responded.
POTUS swaggered that it would not "bother me".More news: IPhone 8 featured in McDonald's app advertisement
"You're fake news", Trump told the CNN reporter. "But I like real news, not fake news".
Then Trump turned his back on the cameras and beat a hasty retreat. President Trump said they finished their press conference and Acosta then asked if he had condemned white supremacists, which was included in Trump's speech. "The president said we just had a press conference".
"It's been going on for a long time in our country".More news: Threat of strong storms looms Thursday afternoon and evening
Trump spoke earlier Monday and condemned white supremacist groups like the KKK and neo-Nazis by name; on Saturday, in the wake of the violence in Charlottesville, he took sharp criticism for his initial statement condemning violence "on many sides".
Other outlets accused Trump of issuing this stronger statement against the hate groups that marched through Charlottesville only after being pressured by the media. That was the voice, obviously, the voice of Jim Acosta, our senior White House correspondent, shouting the questions to the President why didn't you condemn the racist clashes in Charlottesville earlier. And as I have said many times before, no matter the color of our skin, we all live under the same laws, we all salute the same great flag, and we are all made by the same almighty God.More news: Iran reform leader on hunger strike over 6-year house arrest
- Pressure Mounts On CEOs to Step Down From Trump Council
- Tata Sons asks group firms to cut all ties with Mistry's group
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation (COG) Receives Consensus Rating of "Buy" from Analysts
- Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact concept leaked online, shows off boxy design
- Three CEOs resign from Trump council over #Charlottesville
- Mattis Congratulates South Korea's New Defense Minister
- Federation Internationale de Football Association introduced contenders for the title of coach of the year
- United States war games with S. Korea to go ahead
- Beyond 2017: When is the next solar eclipse in the United States?
- Seven-year-old Australian boy missing after Barcelona attack