The former Real Madrid ace jokingly put his hands around the mouth of the opposition which was then laughed off by both players.More news: Tyus Jones' brother commits to Duke after getting to know Coach K
Kaka was in disbelief at the dismissal, calling in Collin to help explain the situation to the referee, but the official wouldn't have a bar of it. But the Ballon d'Or victor was shown a straight red during the Lions' showdown with New York Red Bulls, as reported by The Sun.
KAKA received the most freakish red card of his career with the help of the bungling VAR.More news: Don't Miss the Incredible Perseid Meteor Shower This Week
The incident is just the latest in a number of poor decisions made using the new Video Assistant Referee system, with the incorrect decision made even after consulting a video replay.
Several players were booked after the referee consulted video review - including Kaka, who was shown a red card for having a little touchy-feely jape with his close friend and former teammate Aurelien Collin. Moreover, we also do not believe he deliberately "struck" an opponent or any other person on the head or face with his hand or arm during the match.More news: S.Korean President vows to prevent war
"The Captain will accept the one-game suspension and help our Club and fans focus on the next task - the first home game in almost a month for the Lions against a strong Eastern Conference opponent, Columbus Crew SC, at Orlando City Stadium this Saturday".
- Arsenal edge past Leicester in Premier League season opener
- What is the legacy of Indian subcontinent partition?
- Agent of Luke Shaw Dismisses Summer Transfer Rumors
- Asus accidentally leaked out four ZenFone 4-branded smartphones ahead of launch
- British men to be caned over sexual assault in Singapore
- Foxconn Leak Claims "Blush Gold" As IPhone 8 Color
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' premiere will hint at DeMario Jackson, Corinne Olympios controversy
- Cristiano Ronaldo handed 5-match ban after red card against Barcelona
- Confirmed! Prabhas to pair up with Shraddha Kapoor in 'Saaho'
- Trump reassures Guam it is secure