A mother and 3 children suffered injuries after a large tree fell on top of them in Central Park Tuesday morning. The critical patient is an adult, according to an FDNY spokesperson on the scene. An eyewitness at the scene said the tree came down and struck the woman.
The tree fell near Central Park South and East 59th Street, officials said.More news: An Astronomer's Lowdown on the Solar Eclipse
"She came to, and started crying and going insane, and was yelling for the baby", Mr. Russo said. It took two seconds.
Antonio Russo of Williamsburg, Brooklyn, said he was riding his bike down West Drive when he saw the tree begin to fall, nearly in slow motion. Johnsen said she saw an injured woman get taken away in an ambulance. "They had the stroller tipped up against her so I think that kind of saved them".More news: Kenyan Drake knocked out of Miami Dolphins practice
The NYPD says to watch for road closures in the area. All are expected to be OK, though fire officials told NBC News the mother was in serious condition.
We will update as more information becomes available. None of the injuries was believed to be life-threatening. It's not yet clear why the tree fell.More news: What Crash? Snap Shares Rocket 8 Percent as Lockup Period Expires
- Trump For President Releases Ad Attacking Enemies
- North Korea state media says army 'on standby to launch'
- Ohio Northern University observatory to host viewing of solar eclipse
- President Trump brushes off critics of tough rhetoric on North Korea
- Shadow Wars Is Middle-earth: Shadow of War's Endgame
- Go broke or go home in Aaron Sorkin's teaser trailer 'Molly's Game'
- Uber settles federal probe over 'God view,' other alleged privacy violations
- Mostly Sunny, But Some Could See Isolated Showers
- Justin Thomas secures first major with US PGA win
- Gold Surges On Producer Prices, North Korea