Congress leader Ahmed Patel on Wednesday expressed his gratitude towards JD (U) leader Sharad Yadav, whose party had supported the BJP but its lone MLA voted for Patel. Earlier, six party MLAs had quit the party and resigned from the Assembly, days before the crucial Rajya Sabha elections in which Congress's Ahmed Patel narrowly defeated BJP's Balwantsinh Rajput, a Congress defector.
The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) did a no-show at the Opposition meeting convened on Friday evening here, even as Rajya Sabha MP Ali Anwar, a member of the breakaway Janata Dal (United) that owes allegiance to Sharad Yadav, participated in the discussions. "And what we get in return is accusations", Patel said.More news: 'N Korean missiles can reach Guam in 14 minutes'
In recent months, as the tension in Maharashtra between the BJP and its junior partner, the Shiv Sena, has swollen, there has been talk of Mr Pawar back-channelling offers of help, suggesting that he could fill in if the Sena yes exits the government.
The JD (U) had wanted Vasava to vote its new ally BJP and its leader KC Tyagi had said that he did vote for the party but the legislator later asserted that he had voted for Patel as he slammed his party president and Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar for the alliance.More news: Stormy weather halts play at PGA Championship
Leaders of 16 opposition parties, including Trinamool Congress Chief Mamata Banerjee, Yechury, National Conference leader Omar Abdullah, RJD's JPN Yadav, CPI's D Raja, SP's Naresh Agarwal, RLD's Ajit Singh among others met here to chalk out the joint opposition programme for the next three months. This is a Congress propaganda to project the NCP as a B-team of the BJP, he also said.
"The Congress will win the assembly election on the strength of its work done for the people, especially farmers, Dalits, Adivasis, backward classes and weaker sections", said Gandhi at a party rally in this town in the state's northern region, about 500km from Bengaluru.More news: AK Steel Holding Corporation (AKS) Lifted to Hold at Zacks Investment Research
- Tom Cruise injured while doing a stunt for 'Mission Impossible 6'
- Watch Pure Michigan 400 Online
- 5 things West Ham can do to beat Manchester United
- Central Intelligence Agency chief says 'nothing imminent' in US-N.Korea standoff
- English-fluent new Foreign Minister Kono makes worldwide debut at ASEAN gathering
- Aguero on target as Man City down promoted Brighton
- Washington Nationals vs. San Francisco Giants
- USA soldiers killed in Iraq, 5 wounded
- Guingamp Score Barely Believable Own Goal On Neymar PSG Debut
- Silitch Sells 14897 Shares of Prudential Financial, Inc. (PRU) Stock