Seven Florida football players are suspended for the season opener September 2 against MI, the school announced Sunday.
According to ESPN's Edward Aschoff, the players were suspended for using student ID cards, which can be used as charge cards, to make improper purchases at the school bookstore.
Defensive end Keivonnis Davis, defensive lineman Richerd Desir-Jones, linebacker James Houston, linebacker Ventrell Miller, defensive lineman Jordan Smith and offensive tackle Kadeem Telfort also won't play September 2 against the Wolverines in Arlington, Texas.More news: Five killed in J&K gunfight
"We have a small group of players that have made some choices that are extremely disappointing", Florida coach Jim McElwain said in a news release.
Callaway is certainly the big name here, however. They have missed some practice and will miss the MI game. He was suspended from the team, along with former quarterback Treon Harris, in January 2016 in the wake of a sexual assault claim made against the two.
Callaway had 54 catches for a team-high 721 yards and three touchdowns last season. In May, Callaway was cited for marijuana possession, but he was not suspended from the team.More news: Aguero on target as Man City down promoted Brighton
In addition to Callaway, Davis and Telfort are expected to contribute for the Gators this season. He had 27 tackles, 1½ sacks and a forced fumble in 2016.
The Wolverines and Gators are set to meet September 2 at AT&T Stadium in the 2017 Advocare Classic.More news: ASEAN, Japan, China, S. Korea agree to bolster financial cooperation
- NCP skipped Congress party meeting, BJP says good decision
- English-fluent new Foreign Minister Kono makes worldwide debut at ASEAN gathering
- Stormy weather halts play at PGA Championship
- Congress seeks UP CM Yogi Adityanath's apology over Gorakhpur deaths
- USA soldiers killed in Iraq, 5 wounded
- Fargo Public Library to host two solar eclipse events
- Washington Nationals vs. San Francisco Giants
- Watch Pure Michigan 400 Online
- Olympics could open North Korea -- Rex Tilley
- Guingamp Score Barely Believable Own Goal On Neymar PSG Debut