Arenado was 0-for-2 at the plate before being plunked by a Vance Worley pitch on his left hand in the top of the fifth inning. The exact nature and severity of his injury should become more clear after Arenado undergoes further testing. That sort of told me how he felt. That told me that this was a pretty direct hit. "Whenever you get hit in the hand, it scares you".
"It will take some time", Arenado said, "hopefully (just) a couple days".
Arenado has 26 home runs, 100 RBIs and a.946 OPS.More news: English-fluent new Foreign Minister Kono makes worldwide debut at ASEAN gathering
"Big G (Stanton) is impressive", said Marlins manager Don Mattingly, a great hitter in his day. Worley gave up three runs in four-plus innings but contributed a two-run single. That includes Odrisamer Despaigne, who pitched a scoreless ninth to earn his first major-league save.
Miami opened the scoring with two runs in the second.More news: Mother of Suspect Who Allegedly Plowed Into Charlottesville Protesters Speaks Out
As Stanton reflected on tying the team home run record, he talked about growing up in Los Angeles and attending Dodgers games when Sheffield played for them after leaving the Marlins.
Marlins: LHP Adam Conley (4-5, 5.43) is scheduled to start Monday against the San Francisco Giants and LHP Ty Blach (8-7, 4.15).More news: Arsene Wenger admits potential 'mistake' in delaying Arsenal talks
- Stormy weather halts play at PGA Championship
- Rauner urges lawmakers to let his school-funding veto stand
- CIA Chief: Not Surprising If N. Korea Tests Another Missile
- Gerrard: Mourinho is trying to turn Man Utd in Chelsea
- Central Intelligence Agency chief: Not surprising if North Korea tests missile again
- Olympics could open North Korea -- Rex Tilley
- Unlucky In Love! Justin Bieber Gets Knock Back From Woman On Instagram
- Fargo Public Library to host two solar eclipse events
- USA soldiers killed in Iraq, 5 wounded
- North Korea Has Markets Nervous But Not Panicked