Arenado was 0-for-2 at the plate before being plunked by a Vance Worley pitch on his left hand in the top of the fifth inning. The exact nature and severity of his injury should become more clear after Arenado undergoes further testing. That sort of told me how he felt. That told me that this was a pretty direct hit. "Whenever you get hit in the hand, it scares you".
"It will take some time", Arenado said, "hopefully (just) a couple days".
Arenado has 26 home runs, 100 RBIs and a.946 OPS.More news: Vin Diesel to Star in 'Fast and Furious' Live Arena Tour
"Big G (Stanton) is impressive", said Marlins manager Don Mattingly, a great hitter in his day. Worley gave up three runs in four-plus innings but contributed a two-run single. That includes Odrisamer Despaigne, who pitched a scoreless ninth to earn his first major-league save.
Miami opened the scoring with two runs in the second.More news: Arsene Wenger admits potential 'mistake' in delaying Arsenal talks
As Stanton reflected on tying the team home run record, he talked about growing up in Los Angeles and attending Dodgers games when Sheffield played for them after leaving the Marlins.
Marlins: LHP Adam Conley (4-5, 5.43) is scheduled to start Monday against the San Francisco Giants and LHP Ty Blach (8-7, 4.15).More news: English-fluent new Foreign Minister Kono makes worldwide debut at ASEAN gathering
- Olympics could open North Korea -- Rex Tilley
- 17 immigrants found in south Texas 18-wheeler, police say
- Guingamp Score Barely Believable Own Goal On Neymar PSG Debut
- Gerrard: Mourinho is trying to turn Man Utd in Chelsea
- Trump to declare opioid crisis a national emergency
- Rauner urges lawmakers to let his school-funding veto stand
- Sharad Pawar, Going, Going, Gone? Skips Today's Big Opposition Meet
- 5 things West Ham can do to beat Manchester United
- Seven Gators suspended for season opener
- Wall Street tumbles on North Korea worries