Arenado was 0-for-2 at the plate before being plunked by a Vance Worley pitch on his left hand in the top of the fifth inning. The exact nature and severity of his injury should become more clear after Arenado undergoes further testing. That sort of told me how he felt. That told me that this was a pretty direct hit. "Whenever you get hit in the hand, it scares you".
"It will take some time", Arenado said, "hopefully (just) a couple days".
Arenado has 26 home runs, 100 RBIs and a.946 OPS.More news: Trump to declare opioid crisis a national emergency
"Big G (Stanton) is impressive", said Marlins manager Don Mattingly, a great hitter in his day. Worley gave up three runs in four-plus innings but contributed a two-run single. That includes Odrisamer Despaigne, who pitched a scoreless ninth to earn his first major-league save.
Miami opened the scoring with two runs in the second.More news: Championship leader Marc Marquez claims third straight pole in Austria
As Stanton reflected on tying the team home run record, he talked about growing up in Los Angeles and attending Dodgers games when Sheffield played for them after leaving the Marlins.
Marlins: LHP Adam Conley (4-5, 5.43) is scheduled to start Monday against the San Francisco Giants and LHP Ty Blach (8-7, 4.15).More news: USA soldiers killed in Iraq, 5 wounded
- Steve Bannon is hurting Trump's agenda, Scaramucci says
- Central Intelligence Agency chief: Not surprising if North Korea tests missile again
- North Korea Has Markets Nervous But Not Panicked
- Wall Street tumbles on North Korea worries
- Pittsburgh Pirates use big third to top Toronto Blue Jays
- Stormy weather halts play at PGA Championship
- Aguero on target as Man City down promoted Brighton
- 5 things West Ham can do to beat Manchester United
- Fargo Public Library to host two solar eclipse events
- CIA Chief: Not Surprising If N. Korea Tests Another Missile