Zinedine Zidane's men claimed UEFA Super Cup glory in Skopje thanks to goals from Casemiro and Isco, with Lukaku netting just after the hour to reduce the deficit.
Speaking on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast, former Red Devils hitman Yorke claimed it will be the first of many for the Belgian this season.
He said: "I was not thinking of signing Matic because I never go for players who I think are an impossible mission to sign".More news: Arsene Wenger admits potential 'mistake' in delaying Arsenal talks
"So when I got the call that Matic wants to play for me and wants to play for Manchester United - and that we could make it happen - I thought he's the ideal player for me". He doesn't need time to adapt.
"I was surprised to see him move to United and maybe there is more to this deal that we realise", stated the former England midfielder, who is moving into television punditry with BT Sport this season. He's not a young guy coming from another country. The importance for me about this player, who is a really good player, a top player, very important for our team, but sometimes you must accept this insane transfer market.More news: It was so easy to get drugs, says Ant McPartlin
Matic was part of Jose Mourinho's side that won the Premier League crown and the EFL Cup in the 2014-15 season following his £21m switch from Benfica.
"We have had a better pre-season than previous year and we have the confidence levels of a team that has won a European competition and returned to the Champions League".
"With these players I am looking forward to the season with optimism, with enthusiasm, I can't wait for the Champions League to start and the chance to play the top clubs".More news: 'Three-nil would've been fair' - Pochettino enjoys comfortable Tottenham victory
"The only thing I have to do is work every day like I always do, the only demand on me is the one I put on myself", Mourinho said. "I am on fire".
- It turns out deputy PM Barnaby Joyce might be a Kiwi
- Dodgers Come From Behind to Beat Padres
- 17 immigrants found in south Texas 18-wheeler, police say
- Trump to declare opioid crisis a national emergency
- Rauner urges lawmakers to let his school-funding veto stand
- North Korea Has Markets Nervous But Not Panicked
- Jammu and Kashmir: Militants attack Army camp in Kupwara, one soldier injured
- Mets dealing veteran Neil Walker to the Brewers
- Vin Diesel to Star in 'Fast and Furious' Live Arena Tour
- Paulinho Set To Join FC Barcelona On €40 Million Transfer