As Mets infielder Neil Walker took batting practice at Citizens Bank Park on Saturday, word spread that a trade would soon send him to the Milwaukee Brewers, who are in the thick of the National League wild-card race.
Walker, a switch-hitter, owns a career.272 batting average with 126 HR and 509 RBI in 1,022 games between Pittsburgh (2009-15) and NY (2016-17).
Alderson added that it would be "some time" before the Mets learn the identity of the "player to be named". Reyes stepped in and is hitting second against the Phillies' Aaron Nola. He accepted a $17.2 million qualifying offer from the Mets last offseason. While a deadline deal with the Yankees was in the works, it fell through at the last minute due to concerns about his medical records. He was on the 10-day disabled list from June 15 to July 27 with a partial tear in his left hamstring.More news: Trump faulted for not explicitly rebuking white supremacists
"I am confused as to why I am sitting here having to answer questions about my health for something that didn't happen", Walker said on Friday.
"I've always felt pretty good there", he said.
Walker has struggled to stay healthy in the past.More news: Trump to declare opioid crisis a national emergency
The Brewers are now riding a six-game losing streak and enter Saturday with a 59-59 record.
Domingo Santana hit a three-run homer for Milwaukee, and Ryan Braun had two hits and drove in a run. Walker's departure allows the Mets to employ Asdrubal Cabrera and Wilmer Flores as primary options at second base.More news: Sharad Pawar, Going, Going, Gone? Skips Today's Big Opposition Meet
- Romelu Lukaku points to the badge after opening his Manchester United account
- Unlucky In Love! Justin Bieber Gets Knock Back From Woman On Instagram
- 17 immigrants found in south Texas 18-wheeler, police say
- Nemanja Matic goes on jinking run against West Ham
- 'Three-nil would've been fair' - Pochettino enjoys comfortable Tottenham victory
- Kentucky mayor pushes to remove 2 Confederate statues
- Nolan Arenado Suffers Hand Injury During Rockies vs. Marlins; X-Rays Negative
- Venezuela leader Maduro wants to meet Trump in NYC
- Lukaku, Pogba, Martial Fire Man United Past West Ham
- Arsene Wenger admits potential 'mistake' in delaying Arsenal talks