Like Lynch, who didn't speak publicly about his move after Saturday's game, the outspoken Bennett has been a vocal supporter of former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who faced criticism for kneeling during pregame renditions of the national anthem last season to protest racial injustice and police brutality.More news: Raiders Marshawn Lynch sits during anthem before Oakland-Arizona game
Photos showed Lynch sitting on an orange cooler, holding a banana. On Saturday, one person was killed and 19 were injured when a vehicle smashed into a group of counter-protesters at a white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, CBS News reported. The only one who referenced the issue was Raiders coach Jack Del Rio, who spoke to reporters after the game. "It's not a form of anything other than me being myself, '" Del Rio said.
When Colin Kaepernick, quarterback for the San Francisco 49ers, refused to stand for the national anthem a year ago, people were quick to call him "unpatriotic". I think that's one of those things that nobody wants to talk about, and for him to bring race and politics in sports, I think it struck a lot of people the wrong way.More news: Aishwarya Rai becomes 1st woman to raise Indian flag at IFFM 2017
Lynch was not in the National Football League during Kaepernick's kneeling protest but had previously praised the quarterback for taking a stance on an important issue.
The Raiders return for another pre-season game Saturday, Aug. 19 at home against the L.A. Rams for a 7 p.m. kickoff.More news: Kentucky mayor pushes to remove 2 Confederate statues
"I'd rather see him take a knee than stand up, put his hands up, and get murdered", Lynch told O'Brien. "And if you're really not racist then you won't see what he's doing as a threat to America, but just addressing a problem that we have".
- Vin Diesel to Star in 'Fast and Furious' Live Arena Tour
- Paulinho Set To Join FC Barcelona On €40 Million Transfer
- Trump Now Explicitly Condemns Extremist, White Supremacist, Neo-Nazi Groups At Charlottesville
- Nemanja Matic: Premier League the 'main target' for Manchester United
- Romelu Lukaku points to the badge after opening his Manchester United account
- Nolan Arenado Suffers Hand Injury During Rockies vs. Marlins; X-Rays Negative
- I wanted a hat-trick, jokes Lukaku
- Trump to declare opioid crisis a national emergency
- Princess Diana was 'so relaxed' on her wedding day, says dress designer
- Kylian Mbappe set to join PSG for £163m