Amazon says it has emailed anyone that purchased the glasses in question. In recent days, reports had begun to circulate online indicating that some companies were selling glasses that would not provide adequate protection during an eclipse.
Image of solar glasses courtesy the AAS website. And, some other third-party sellers on the site are giving vague estimates as to when the glasses will arrive or be back in stock, meaning they could arrive before or after the eclipse. Properly designed glasses will prevent permanent eye damage from the sun's rays. I ordered some from @amazon & apparently they shipped from China & won't make it in time.More news: Weekend Box Office: Hello, Dolly!
A limited number of eclipse glasses will be available for visitors to use but they encourage you to purchase your own eclipse glasses prior to the event.
The flyer for the Ocean Springs Libary pre-eclipse August 19 event, which begins at 10 a.m., announces it's all happening "when the sun and moon align with you". If they don't, then you may have been scammed.More news: Marshawn Lynch takes a seat during National Anthem
As before, you'll want to be sure that any pair of glasses meets those ISO standards before making a purchase.
NASA's page also links to the American Astronomical Society's list of reputable solar filter vendors.More news: 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Episode 5 recap: 'Eastwatch'
- Brighton will make Manchester City 'uncomfortable' on opening day, vows captain Bruno
- Trump May Roll Out Probe Into China and Intellectual Property Theft
- Search resumes for Trevor Deely
- War Threats Have Become Background Noise in South Korea
- Killed In Charlottesville Helicopter Crash Have Ties To Tennessee
- White House spokesman: "Of course" Trump's Charlottesville response "includes white supremacists"
- Cleveland Browns ride rookie DeShone Kizer to win over New Orleans Saints
- Markets extend losses as Korea tensions escalate
- Raiders Marshawn Lynch sits during anthem before Oakland-Arizona game
- TSX falls 0.94% as oil drops, geopolitical tensions rise