Shopian: Three militants were today killed in an overnight encounter with security forces in Shopian district of south Kashmir, the police said today. Earlier it was being said third militant is Adil Ahmad, which police has not confirmed.
Militants opened fire at an army camp in Kupwara district of Jammu and Kashmir, injuring a jawan, the police said on Saturday.
Three terrorists were killed on Sunday in an encounter in Jammu and Kashmir's Shopian. There were reports that one of the militants could be a top commander of Hizbul Mujahideen.
Kashmiri Police Chief Muneer Khan told Al Jazeera that fighting took place in the Shopian area.More news: Trump to declare opioid crisis a national emergency
Identifying only two militants among three killed in an encounter in Awneera village of Zainapora Shopian, police in press release said the "identity of third is being ascertained".
"They emerged from the rubble after overnight lull and fired indiscriminately at our men".
A defence spokesman identified the Army men as Sepoy Ilayaraja P, a resident of Tamil Nadu, and Sepoy Gawai Sumedh Waman, a resident of Maharashtra. The duo was shifted to Srinagar for special treatment.
Officials say that during the gunfight, four houses were damaged.More news: How Many Episodes of 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Are Left?
In a separate incident reported from Hajin area, two J&K policemen and an Army jawan were injured in militant firing on Sunday.
Over a dozen youth were injured in clashes with security forces as they pelted stones during the operation in Awneera village.
Internet services have been blocked in Badgam district following the identification of Itoo among the slain militants.
Intense clashes erupted around the encounter site and many civilians were injured.More news: Seven Gators suspended for season opener
- Venezuela leader Maduro wants to meet Trump in NYC
- Dodgers Come From Behind to Beat Padres
- Unlucky In Love! Justin Bieber Gets Knock Back From Woman On Instagram
- Arsene Wenger admits potential 'mistake' in delaying Arsenal talks
- Guingamp Score Barely Believable Own Goal On Neymar PSG Debut
- Kentucky mayor pushes to remove 2 Confederate statues
- North Korea Has Markets Nervous But Not Panicked
- Gerrard: Mourinho is trying to turn Man Utd in Chelsea
- Kylian Mbappe set to join PSG for £163m
- Trump faulted for not explicitly rebuking white supremacists