Shopian: Three militants were today killed in an overnight encounter with security forces in Shopian district of south Kashmir, the police said today. Earlier it was being said third militant is Adil Ahmad, which police has not confirmed.
Militants opened fire at an army camp in Kupwara district of Jammu and Kashmir, injuring a jawan, the police said on Saturday.
Three terrorists were killed on Sunday in an encounter in Jammu and Kashmir's Shopian. There were reports that one of the militants could be a top commander of Hizbul Mujahideen.
Kashmiri Police Chief Muneer Khan told Al Jazeera that fighting took place in the Shopian area.More news: Trump to declare opioid crisis a national emergency
Identifying only two militants among three killed in an encounter in Awneera village of Zainapora Shopian, police in press release said the "identity of third is being ascertained".
"They emerged from the rubble after overnight lull and fired indiscriminately at our men".
A defence spokesman identified the Army men as Sepoy Ilayaraja P, a resident of Tamil Nadu, and Sepoy Gawai Sumedh Waman, a resident of Maharashtra. The duo was shifted to Srinagar for special treatment.
Officials say that during the gunfight, four houses were damaged.More news: Stormy weather halts play at PGA Championship
In a separate incident reported from Hajin area, two J&K policemen and an Army jawan were injured in militant firing on Sunday.
Over a dozen youth were injured in clashes with security forces as they pelted stones during the operation in Awneera village.
Internet services have been blocked in Badgam district following the identification of Itoo among the slain militants.
Intense clashes erupted around the encounter site and many civilians were injured.More news: North Korea Has Markets Nervous But Not Panicked
- Venezuela leader Maduro wants to meet Trump in NYC
- Lukaku, Pogba, Martial Fire Man United Past West Ham
- Vin Diesel to Star in 'Fast and Furious' Live Arena Tour
- Rauner urges lawmakers to let his school-funding veto stand
- 'Three-nil would've been fair' - Pochettino enjoys comfortable Tottenham victory
- Aishwarya Rai becomes 1st woman to raise Indian flag at IFFM 2017
- How Many Episodes of 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Are Left?
- Trump faulted for not explicitly rebuking white supremacists
- Gerrard: Mourinho is trying to turn Man Utd in Chelsea
- Wall Street tumbles on North Korea worries