It sends you insane.
Ant McPartlin has opened up about his battle with prescription drugs and alcohol after leaving rehab.
The 41-year-old I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here presenter said he was left terrified after an "insane" pills binge almost killed him.
He revealed that he had to be rushed to hospital at 5am after bingeing on drugs while recovering from a knee operation in June.
The "Saturday Night Takeaway" star agreed to go to rehab following an intervention by his presenting partner Declan Donnelly and his wife Lisa, but admitted it was only during their frank conversation that he revealed the extent of his problem.
He said that at first he did not believe he had a problem but ended up hiding his addiction because he was embarrassed about it.More news: How Many Episodes of 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Are Left?
'It was a handwritten note from Harry sending all of his best wishes on behalf of him, William and Catherine and telling me well done for speaking out.
He explained: "They're very easy to get a hold of". "As a general rule, anything that is opium-based can be addictive".
He added to The Sun: "I have spoken out because I think it is important that people ask for help if they are going through a rough time and get the proper treatment to help their recovery".
And when he flew to the United States for the Saturday Night Takeaway series finale past year, American doctors prescribed more painkillers.
In addition to painkillers, he was also taking sleeping pills and drinking heavily. But I finished that off quite quickly'.More news: Latin America rejects USA military threat in Venezuela
Ant's hospital dash finally made him see sense and he went to rehab.
However, this was also a hard drug to give up, a process he described as horrendous.
His alcohol consumption had also increased and he admitted that he had clinical depression and would sometimes be unable to get out of bed.
Ant has spent two months in intense rehab after admitting he is a prescription drug addict.
Fans have been rallying around the couple and have been tweeting their support to him.More news: Vin Diesel to Star in 'Fast and Furious' Live Arena Tour
- Sharad Pawar, Going, Going, Gone? Skips Today's Big Opposition Meet
- Romelu Lukaku points to the badge after opening his Manchester United account
- Paulinho Set To Join FC Barcelona On €40 Million Transfer
- Rauner urges lawmakers to let his school-funding veto stand
- Kentucky mayor pushes to remove 2 Confederate statues
- Venezuela leader Maduro wants to meet Trump in NYC
- Unlucky In Love! Justin Bieber Gets Knock Back From Woman On Instagram
- Aishwarya Rai becomes 1st woman to raise Indian flag at IFFM 2017
- Dodgers Come From Behind to Beat Padres
- Nemanja Matic goes on jinking run against West Ham