But Wright said the Blues appeared to be in a worse position compared to last season due to the extent of upheaval in the squad that won the Premier League title.
In an interview to Sky Sports News, boss Antonio Conte has revealed he was also unhappy to see the move sanctioned and Matic leave for Old Trafford: "Matic knows very well what I think about him, ' Conte told Sky Sports".More news: CIA Chief: Not Surprising If N. Korea Tests Another Missile
'But sometimes I think you must accept this insane transfer market. "The importance for me about this player, who is a really good player, a top player, very important for our team, but sometimes you must accept this insane transfer market".
'But I repeat - for sure this a gross loss, a great loss for us'.
Former England striker Ian Wright criticised Chelsea's decision to sell the Serbian midfielder this week, saying the Blues had handed rivals United "the last part of the jigsaw".More news: Child rescuer amongst 7 dead in Syria shooting
The clubs of the English Premier League two weeks before the closure of the summer transfer window spent to gain over a billion pounds. He does not want to suffer the same fate of managers Jose Mourinho and Claudio Ranieri - sacked months after their title-winning seasons. "It's a great challenge for us to try and retain the title, but we are working hard", he added.
Chelsea's marquee signing this summer was the club-record arrival of Morata from Real Madrid for an initial fee of £58 million. "He needs to play regularly, he's a player I trust a lot".
'I think I had the benefit of realising how good he is when he's playing just in front of you - on and off the ball.More news: Amazon is issuing refunds to customers who purchased suspect solar eclipse glasses
Asked if he would start against Burnley on Saturday, Conte said: "He's working very well and starting to understand our idea of football".
- Drunk American Assaulted After Giving Nazi Salute in Germany
- Central Intelligence Agency chief says 'nothing imminent' in US-N.Korea standoff
- Watch Pure Michigan 400 Online
- Central Intelligence Agency chief: Not surprising if North Korea tests missile again
- NCP skipped Congress party meeting, BJP says good decision
- ASEAN, Japan, China, S. Korea agree to bolster financial cooperation
- Five killed in J&K gunfight
- English-fluent new Foreign Minister Kono makes worldwide debut at ASEAN gathering
- Congress seeks UP CM Yogi Adityanath's apology over Gorakhpur deaths
- Silitch Sells 14897 Shares of Prudential Financial, Inc. (PRU) Stock