On Friday's broadcast of "CNN Newsroom", CNN International Correspondent Will Ripley stated that it's as if President Trump is baiting North Korea into conducting missile tests that would be more provocative than anything North Korea has done before. And so what we can no longer do is afford to procrastinate.
"History shows that we can, if we must, tolerate nuclear weapons in North Korea - the same way we tolerated the far greater threat of thousands of Soviet nuclear weapons during the Cold War, "she wrote. And President Trump has made it very clear, he can not tolerate, will not tolerate, a threat to the United States from North Korea involving nuclear weapons". "But we're closer to war than we were a decade ago", McMaster said. So, either North Korea is being elevated up to the level of the United States, or the United States is being dragged down to the level of North Korea. "And it demands a concerted effort by the United States, but with our allies and all responsible nations".More news: Drunk American Assaulted After Giving Nazi Salute in Germany
He continued, "And in fact, the North Korean propaganda that I've seen today...the rhetoric was relatively tame by North Korean standards".
Referring to Kim, Trump added: "If he utters one threat. or if he does anything with respect to Guam or any place else that's an American territory or an American ally, he will truly regret it, and he will regret it fast".More news: English-fluent new Foreign Minister Kono makes global debut at ASEAN gathering
It appears President Trump is willing to take that risk.
"The United States military is locked and loaded every day, and especially those who are on the front lines of freedom, such as those that are stationed in South Korea and those soldier, sailors, airmen, and Marines that are stationed in northeast Asia or rotate there", he said.More news: Amazon is issuing refunds to customers who purchased suspect solar eclipse glasses
Pompeo also said the intelligence community was not surprised by the recent news that North Korea is now capable of fitting a nuclear warhead on a missile.
- Organisers to blame for Bolt's collapse - team-mates
- Washington Nationals vs. San Francisco Giants
- Silitch Sells 14897 Shares of Prudential Financial, Inc. (PRU) Stock
- Watch Pure Michigan 400 Online
- Jason Garrett shocked by length but not suspension of Ezekiel Elliott
- Alexandre Lacazette starts for Arsenal in season curtain-raiser against Leicester
- Five killed in J&K gunfight
- Congress seeks UP CM Yogi Adityanath's apology over Gorakhpur deaths
- Singer Bruno Mars donates $1 million to victims of Flint water crisis
- English-fluent new Foreign Minister Kono makes worldwide debut at ASEAN gathering