Aishwarya Rai Bachchan was accompanied by daughter Aaradhya Bachchan.
A night filled with glitter, paparazzi, awesome performances and celebrations, The Indian Film Festival Melbourne Awards 2017 held on the night of August 11th, was a star-studded gala event.
The IIFM is Australia's annual celebration of films from India and the sub continent.More news: Championship leader Marc Marquez claims third straight pole in Austria
According to a Pinkvilla report, Mitu Bhowmick-Lange (Director of IFFM) had stated, "IFFM is proud to welcome one of India's most loved and iconic actors - Aishwarya Rai Bachchan - to the festival and look forward to celebrating Indian cinema in Australia". While Nitesh Tiwari won the Best Director Award for Dangal, the two movies bagged the "People's Choice Award". Accepting the award, Aishwarya said, "I'm so humbled and filed with gratitude to be given this award".
Speaking about the win for Popular Choice and Best Director, Nitesh Tiwari said, "This is my worldwide award and it will truly be remembered".
Rahul Bose-directed film Poorna won the equality in cinema award, while the best film gong went to Amitabh Bachchan-starrer Pink. "I would like to dedicate the honour to every talent, every director who believed in me and gave me the opportunity to do the kind of work that I have done in cinema", she said.More news: Paulinho Set To Join FC Barcelona On €40 Million Transfer
Mumbai: It is the proud moment for attractive Indian actress Aishwarya Rai Bachchan as she now holds the honour of being the first actress to hoist Indian flag in Melbourne.
Karan Johar presents the Diversity Award to Garth Davis for Lion. We as creative people always wish to do more and I'm far far away from resting. "But above all I must thank the fans, who have loved me so immensely and it's because of you we get to live our dream, our passion ". Kudos to the Bollywood fraternity!More news: Dodgers Come From Behind to Beat Padres
- Gerrard: Mourinho is trying to turn Man Utd in Chelsea
- Arsene Wenger admits potential 'mistake' in delaying Arsenal talks
- North Korea Has Markets Nervous But Not Panicked
- Nolan Arenado Suffers Hand Injury During Rockies vs. Marlins; X-Rays Negative
- USA soldiers killed in Iraq, 5 wounded
- Central Intelligence Agency chief: Not surprising if North Korea tests missile again
- CIA Chief: Not Surprising If N. Korea Tests Another Missile
- Latin America rejects USA military threat in Venezuela
- 17 immigrants found in south Texas 18-wheeler, police say
- Romelu Lukaku points to the badge after opening his Manchester United account