From India's previous ODI assignment, the tour of the West Indies in June-July, the other players to be dropped are the 19-year-old Rishabh Pant and Dinesh Karthik.More news: Trump's statements on North Korea reminiscent of Bush's preventive war doctrine
Pandey's recall has come on the back of a strong one-day triangular series for India A in South Africa, which the side won: scores of 55, 41*, 86*, 93* and 32* to be named Player of the Series. The fifth ODI will be played on Sept 3 in Colombo.
The ODI series will commence from Aug 20 at Dambulla.
Axar Patel, Kuldeep Yadav and Yuzvendra Chahal are captain Virat Kohli's options among slow bowlers. Ever since his 32-ball 53 against Pakistan in the Champions Trophy, Yuvraj has gone six innings without a half-century, and managed only 57 runs in his three most recent innings in the West Indies following which he was dropped from the XIs for the last two ODIs. The final of Champions Trophy exposed India's slow bowling frailties.More news: Marshawn Lynch sits during national anthem at Raiders preseason game
The T20 match will be played on Sept 6.
Virat Kohli (captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma (vice-captain), KL Rahul, Manish Pandey, Ajinkya Rahane, Kedar Jadhav, MS Dhoni (wicketkeeper), Hardik Pandya, Axar Patel, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Shardul Thakur.More news: Brexit deal not 'back door' to staying in EU: Ministers
- Mattis warns North Korea: aggression will mean the "end"
- Virginia governor to white nationalists: 'Go home ... Shame on you'
- Penang exco remanded five days to assist in illegal factory probe
- Taiwan concerned by United States plan for unfair trade probe against China
- NY man kills mother, sister, 3rd woman with hammer
- Team Liquid Wins The International 2017 Dota 2 Event
- Gold buoyed by North Korea tensions, United States inflation data
- Ben Davies, Dele Alli star in Tottenham's win against Newcastle
- FTSE 100 plunges as investors worry about United States and North Korea tensions
- Indian tourists stranded in Nepal floods