Wenger said he gave Giroud the option to leave for another club this summer in search of more regular playing time but was thrilled when the striker chose to stay.
Alexandre Lacazette scored more goals in Ligue 1 over the past four seasons than any other player. "It was one of the great days".
He added: "I know how important Giroud is, not only as a player but in the group as well". It was a relief for me he chose to stay.More news: Venezuelan opposition mum on Trump military talk
From a corner, he powered a stunning header in off the left upright to give Kasper Schmeichel no chance and win the game for Arsene Wenger's side. He is an intelligent player.
Arsenal shipped three goals but were without arguably three of their first-choice defenders as Per Mertesacker, Laurent Koscielny and Shkodran Mustafi all sat out due to a combination of fitness and suspension.
Granit Xhaka's sloppy pass was picked up by Albrighton and he forged down the left flank before bending a sublime cross into the danger area that Vardy converted. "If you were a manager and you were on the bench, 3-2 down with 20 minutes to go and you win 4-3, you're more happy than concerned you know".More news: Japan prepares to intercept stray missiles from N. Korea
We had some avoidable goals which we conceded and overall we have to work on that. "Because one was a corner, one was a goal where we lost the ball in the build-up and the third goal was a corner again".
In the 41st minute a clear handball in the box had Arsenal shouting for a penalty, but it was denied by referee Mike Dean.
"You have to take some positives", he said. I got back late, I should have handled this better. "To come here and score three has to be pleasing in some respect, but it doesn't feel like it". The Premier League is back baby!
Leicester manager Craig Shakespeare gave new signing Kelechi Iheanacho his debut in place of midfielder Matty James for the last 10 minutes of the game but the Nigerian star failed to sparkle.More news: Ask Your Science Teacher: 'Great American Eclipse' on its way Aug. 21
And, he was nowhere to be seen for the second either as Vardy skipped in to put the Foxes ahead 20 minutes later from close range.
- Paul Scholes questions Chelsea's decision of selling Matic to Man United
- Tesla Inc. (NASDAQ:TSLA) Position Raised by Sumitomo Life Insurance Co
- Christian Hackenberg shows definite signs of progress in Jets' preseason opener
- Predicted Manchester United Starting XI vs West Ham United
- Canada calls for North Korea, United States to de-escalate situation
- LONDON 2017: Sally Pearson wins gold in 100-metre hurdles
- Norovirus sickened hundreds, linked to Maumee donut shop
- Yankees place Masahiro Tanaka on DL with shoulder inflammation
- Nationals Bryce Harper carried off field with apparent knee injury
- Elliott apologizes, disagrees 'strongly' with suspension