Washington Nationals star Bryce Harper reportedly suffered a bone bruise in Saturday's 3-1 victory over the San Francisco Giants. While both insist that they've moved on from the skirmish, there's a chance the two will square off in a more traditional sense in Saturday's opener of a rain-delayed three-game series at Nationals Park, which will conclude with a doubleheader Sunday after Friday's game was postponed. He was helped off the field.
Harper, the National League MVP in 2015, left the game in the last of the first inning Saturday after his left foot slipped on the first base bag as he tried to beat out a groundball to first baseman Ryder Jones. If the injury is serious, that could also take a mental hit to the Nationals' club, or fuel their fire during Harper's absence.More news: ASEAN, Japan, China, S. Korea agree to bolster financial cooperation
When Harper left the stadium, he was walking on his own power in the Nationals' clubhouse around 1:45 a.m. Sunday morning after a 3-1 win by the Nationals over the San Francisco Giants. Strickland, apparently still displeased that Harper yelled at him after hitting a home run in the 2014 NLDS, threw a fastball to the hip, Harper charged the mound and fists flew as the rest of the Giants - including catcher Buster Posey initially held back as if behind invisible ropes.
After the Harper injury, Ryan Zimmerman doubled and Daniel Murphy singled to put the Washington Nationals up 2-1, but the result tonight is small compared to what happened with Harper. Andrew Stevenson replaced Harper in the team's lineup. Pitching coach Mike Maddux said that Strasburg is likely to throw about five innings and 75 pitches in his first rehab outing. "I'm very optimistic that he'll be at least fine shortly", Baker said.More news: Chief of Staff Kelly Reviewing White House Changes
Taylor was reinstated from the 10-day disabled list after missing 29 games with a right oblique strain. He was able to do that, as Melancon allowed one hit and had one strikeout against his most recent team in the eighth inning, his first work since June 27.More news: There could be a female manager in EPL soon, feels Wenger
- Silitch Sells 14897 Shares of Prudential Financial, Inc. (PRU) Stock
- Leaders of US, France Discuss N. Korean Issue
- Central Intelligence Agency chief says 'nothing imminent' in US-North Korea standoff
- Four-midable Manchester United sweep West Ham aside in Premier League opener
- Amazon is issuing refunds to customers who purchased suspect solar eclipse glasses
- 'N Korean missiles can reach Guam in 14 minutes'
- Watch Pure Michigan 400 Online
- Drunk American Assaulted After Giving Nazi Salute in Germany
- AK Steel Holding Corporation (AKS) Lifted to Hold at Zacks Investment Research
- Trump Signs Veterans Affairs Legislation as He Condemns Violence in Charlottesville