The 28-year-old forward has entered into the final year of his contract at Emirates Stadium and could walk away for free next summer.
He told a news conference on Friday: "You know he's injured, he needs time to recover, he's not ready to play tomorrow. I think he will not play at Stoke, yes", he added.
However, we saw evidence at Wembley that even without some of their most important players, Wenger has a deep pool of talent to pull from as they prepare for their Premier League opener against Leicester on Friday night.More news: Taiwan concerned by United States plan for unfair trade probe against China
"They are on (Kylian) Mbappe's case, that's what I read in the papers".
"If a team is in April in a position where they have more chance to win the Europa League they can let some games go in the championship, and not completely focus on that, on the regularity of the competition".
Arsenal are anxious that star forward Alexis Sanchez could revive his attempts to force a move away from The Emirates this summer.
"He had the scan two days ago".
About Alexis Sanchez staying at the Emirates Stadium this season, Wenger added: "I can not stop all the speculation but Sanchez is focused".More news: Team Liquid Wins The International 2017 Dota 2 Event
When asked what the Community Shield victory means for his side, the Frenchman said: "It will increase the belief but then you face a shock when the league starts".
"I rate him as a player but we have similar types with Alex Iwobi, Jack Wilshere back, Mesut Ozil ... we have plenty of the same type of players".
French second division club Clermont Foot have led the way in embracing such diversity in football, appointing Helena Costa as the first woman to coach a club in the top two tiers of any European league in May 2014.
"Yesterday I had the managers' meeting and was talking with the other managers in the other clubs".
"At the moment the most active have been United, City and Liverpool a bit".More news: Borussia Dortmund maintain Ousmane Dembele suspension
- Yuvraj Singh, Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja left out for SL ODIs
- FTSE 100 plunges as investors worry about United States and North Korea tensions
- Alvaro Morata scores his first goal for Chelsea in defeat to Burnley
- Chances for Rain, Storms Continue into the Weekend
- Anti-Google ads pop-up in public places after Google fires James Damore
- Ben Davies, Dele Alli star in Tottenham's win against Newcastle
- SoundCloud secures its 'largest financing round,' names former Vimeo exec new CEO
- Scaramucci on Trump Charlottesville statement: The president "needed to be much harsher"
- Liverpool boss Klopp makes worrying admission about Philippe Coutinho
- Indian tourists stranded in Nepal floods