It also means PSG, owned by Oryx Qatar Sport Investment, will have spent a mind-blowing £362m on two players in the past week to create a new world order in football transfers.
Mbappe, 18, scored 15 times on Monaco's remarkable run to the French title last season, but has been constantly linked with a move away from the principality over the summer.More news: Here's how you can see the Perseid Meteor Shower Saturday night
All things said, the story of the game and perhaps the weekend, and maybe even the feature of world football's week, will be the highly-anticipated debut of Neymar after his €222 million move to Paris.
"One thing is clear: we want him to make his debut [on Sunday]", PSG coach Unai Emery told reporters.
Paris St Germain may not be done with their big spending just yet.
"He reached quickly a high level, but football is complicated".More news: Dulquer Salmaan All Set To Make His Bollywood Debut
Former Chelsea and Netherlands global Ruud Gullit has said that he can see no issue with the amount of money involved in Neymar's move to Paris Saint-Germain from Barcelona.
Well, actually, we don't have to imagine, as Sunday will see many dreams come true when Neymar steps out onto the pitch in a PSG shirt.
Leonardo Jardim's principality outfit will be expecting to make it two wins from two when they pay a visit to Dijon on Sunday.
"This team can guarantee [success], but new players can still be signed and it will be better because of the competition".More news: Brighton bank on surprise factor to upset City
Lyon's youthful side started with a 4-0 thumping of Strasbourg last week and travel out to Brittany to take on Rennes today.
- Broncos Derek Wolfe says he "dodged a bullet" on ankle injury
- North Korea refuses to stop nuclear weapon development, threatens US over sanctions
- EU Slaps Sanctions On Additional North Korean Nationals
- Danish submarine owner accused of causing Swedish journalist's death
- Two dead after helicopter crash in Albemarle County
- Jeter-Sherman to add runner-up to group
- Brokerages Set Noble Corporation (NYSE:NE) Target Price at $6.32
- Biggest Threat to Trump's Agenda Comes from Fellow Republicans
- Former Ottawa Senators GM Bryan Murray Dies at Age 74
- Usain Bolt, India's relay teams in action