The party is also contemplating "precipitous steps" to suspend leaders or workers who have been attending Yadav's rallies in Bihar, sources said.
Earlier, Janata Dal (United)'s Sharad Yadav had expressed his dislike regarding Nitish leaving the Grand Alliance and had announced that he will join hands with the Congress. "Since the Andhra Pradesh chief minister N Chandra Babu Naidu is now the convenor of the NDA, the Bihar chief minister could be given a designation to suit his status and political importance for the BJP after the JD (U) formally joins the grand ruling alliance", sources said.
Kumar nearly shut the door on any reconciliation with Yadav, saying he is free to take any decision as the alliance with the BJP had the entire party's nod.More news: Danish submarine owner accused of causing Swedish journalist's death
Mr. Anwar is said to be close to senior JD (U) leader Sharad Yadav and has opposed the JD (U)'s alliance with the BJP in Bihar. Paswan said his party would welcome Nitish Kumar's entry in the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) fold.
Sharad Yadav said action has been taken against a few leaders of the party "who are standing with me", and leaders close to Nitish Kumar have been threatening other JD-U leaders supporting him.
Nitish, however, swore-in as the Bihar Chief Minister the very next day with Sushil Modi as his Deputy Chief Minister. This is the first official communication between Nitish Kumar and the BJP, post the Nitish aligning with the BJP in Bihar. He has been told (by JD-U) that he is free now and he can leave the party. He has taken care of such concerns in the Bihar council of ministers.More news: Wozniacki Reaches 6th Final of 2017 with Win over Stephens in Toronto
Talking about Sharad Yadav's proximity to Lalu Prasad Yadav's RJD, he said during Sharad Yadav's Bihar visit this week, he was surrounded by people from RJD right from the airport, where he landed. Asked if the party would join the Modi cabinet, a JD (U) leader said such a decision would be "natural".
Speculation swirled over his remarks that the party could suspend him.
"We have the support of activists, students, and other social leaders". We were ready to go there and put forth our views, but Nitish seems to be afraid of what we will say. JD (U) general secretary K C Tyagi said the party would pass a proposal at its August 19 meeting, and formally join the NDA at the national level.More news: Here's how you can see the Perseid Meteor Shower Saturday night
- How did Twitter react to Arsenal versus Leicester goal fest?
- Brighton and Hove Albion vs Manchester City: predicted starting XI's
- EU Slaps Sanctions On Additional North Korean Nationals
- Two dead after helicopter crash in Albemarle County
- Dulquer Salmaan All Set To Make His Bollywood Debut
- BlackRock Municipal Income Trus (NYSE:BFK) Trading Volume Significantly Higher
- Arsenal were never close to signing Riyad Mahrez - Wenger
- Alexandre Lacazette scores just minutes into his Arsenal debut
- Brokerages Set Noble Corporation (NYSE:NE) Target Price at $6.32
- Brighton vs Manchester City 12 August 2017: EPL Preview and Predictions