McFadden could be the Cowboys' starter at some point this season, but it depends on Ezekiel Elliott's appeal of his six-game suspension. The NFL Players Association released a statement Friday saying it is reviewing the decision and has been in touch with Elliott and his representatives to consider all options.
Elliott's appeal is expected to be submitted Tuesday, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.
The ruling requires Elliott to get an evaluation to determine whether he needs counseling or treatment, and to show proof that he is following up on any recommendations. Pfeiffer's office declined comment Friday.
With Ezekiel Elliott falling in the RB pecking order, certain running backs will be purple patched more than ever.More news: North Korea Tensions Hit Global Stock Markets
"The NFL's findings are replete with factual inaccuracies and erroneous conclusions and it "cherry picks" so-called evidence to support its conclusion while ignoring other critical evidence", attorneys Frank Salzano and Scott Rosenblum said in a joint statement.
As Florio noted, no video evidence of the nightclub incident has emerged.
Perhaps the Cowboys offense was still trying to recover from the whirlwind trip to the Hall of Fame the weekend before.
The NFL revised its personal conduct policy in 2014 following sharp criticism of a case involving former Baltimore running back Ray Rice.More news: Chief of Staff Kelly Reviewing White House Changes
While Todd Gurley III continued to struggle running the ball and only managed two yards on four rushing attempts, Goff displayed chemistry with receiver Cooper Kupp on a nice 19-yard completion to put the Rams deep in the Red Zone. Elliott was watching a St. Patrick's Day parade from the balcony of a local restaurant at the time, and the incident was captured on video and social media. After leading the NFC with a 13-3 record, Dallas was ousted by the Green Bay Packers in their first playoff game.
This is also going be a test for the sophomore season of QB Dak Prescott, who relied heavily on Elliott to help balance the offensive attack of the Cowboys and would often rely on the run to run over defenses for early leads.
Second-year starting quarterback Jared Goff drew first blood with a crisply thrown pass to wideout Robert Woods, who lost the ball at the Dallas 4-yard line following a crushing blow by Cowboys linebacker Anthony Hitchens. He led the National Football League with 1,631 rushing yards while adding 15 rushing touchdowns and 32 receptions for 363 yards and another score. "Our goal is for you to have as successful a career as possible".More news: 1MDB remits US$350m to IPIC as part payment of settlement
- Which insiders are trading Nokia Corporation (NYSE:NOK)?
- Central Intelligence Agency chief says 'nothing imminent' in US-North Korea standoff
- Anti-Google ads pop-up in public places after Google fires James Damore
- Yuvraj Singh, Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja left out for SL ODIs
- Leaders of US, France Discuss N. Korean Issue
- Hizbul Mujahideen operations commander Yasin Itoo among 3 killed in Shopian encounter
- Team Liquid Wins The International 2017 Dota 2 Event
- There could be a female manager in EPL soon, feels Wenger
- Scaramucci on Trump Charlottesville statement: The president "needed to be much harsher"
- Four-midable Manchester United sweep West Ham aside in Premier League opener