Nothing less than winning the Premier League title will do for Manchester United this season given the players Jose Mourinho has signed, Gary Neville has told Sky Sports. He has also stated that he will discuss his future with Spurs if another club makes a concrete offer for him.
2003: United 4 Bolton 0 The defence of the Premier League crown couldn't have started much better than a four-goal rout of Sam Allardyce's Trotters, inspired by a bright cameo from substitute Cristiano Ronaldo on his much anticipated debut for the club.
Mourinho knows they were over-reliant on the injured ex-Sweden striker's goals and wants more support for this season's main man Romelu Lukaku.More news: Indian tourists stranded in Nepal floods
Ibrahimovic's one-year deal at Old Trafford expired in June and was not extended following the injury.
A wide man has always been of interest, but Mourinho claims he is also looking for a left-back, even though he admires Luke Shaw's attitude in coming back from another injury and the England defender will be given a chance to re-establish himself. Our levels of confidence and knowledge are higher so I am happy to start the season.
'I was thinking, three transfer windows, I need that. "We are winners, everyone here wants to win", he continued.
"I am not a hard person to work with, and I understand the reality of the market".More news: Team Liquid Wins The International 2017 Dota 2 Event
"I am not a hard person to work with and I understand the reality of the market, I understand the reality of the numbers - and I also understand that my club by doing 75 per cent of what I initially asked, I think the club did very well".
The gap between the second and first tier may prove to be too large for Brighton and Huddersfield, though I fancy they'll win a lot of admirers along the way.
"That's what I love most about this squad: the players always give everything", he wrote. I think every one of us is equipped to win the title.
"Victor [Lindelof] can play right-back and can play central midfield. Obviously the 25 per cent would be a player for another position, playing from the sides".More news: Yuvraj Singh, Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja left out for SL ODIs
"It's the way I trust the player is going to perform, so I think it was a fantastic signing for us".
- Weekend tropical outlook: A depression could develop in the Atlantic
- Alvaro Morata scores his first goal for Chelsea in defeat to Burnley
- FTSE 100 plunges as investors worry about United States and North Korea tensions
- Trump Signs Veterans Affairs Legislation as He Condemns Violence in Charlottesville
- Chances for Rain, Storms Continue into the Weekend
- Brexit deal not 'back door' to staying in EU: Ministers
- Alexandre Lacazette starts for Arsenal in season curtain-raiser against Leicester
- There could be a female manager in EPL soon, feels Wenger
- North Korea Tensions Hit Global Stock Markets
- Ben Davies, Dele Alli star in Tottenham's win against Newcastle