The Red Devils finished sixth last season, largely due to their home form, and qualified for the Champions League by winning the Europa League.More news: Which insiders are trading Nokia Corporation (NYSE:NOK)?
And he then doubled United's lead seven minutes after the restart, heading Henrikh Mkhitaryan's free kick into the bottom corner. Blind can do a job on the left, but his speed is a major concern and hasn't looked sharp in the build-up, so the Italy worldwide looks like the best bet at this moment in time.
Pogba played a sublime chipped through ball to team-mate Juan Mata at 0-0, with the Spaniard baring down on goal.More news: 1MDB remits US$350m to IPIC as part payment of settlement
The Belgium striker, a £75 million ($97.6 million, 82.5 million euros) signing from Everton, struck either side of half-time to take his tally of goals against West Ham to 11 in his last 11 appearances.
And the Argentinian paid a heavy price for that foul for, when Mkhitaryan floated over the consequent free-kick, that man Lukaku ghosted in front of Masuaku to nod home his second goal of the afternoon. Lukaku's finish was emphatic, rebounding in off one of the uprights, and he rightly took the attention as a goal-scoring debutant, but Rashford's quick, direct running made it. By that point, West Ham's heads had already dropped. Marcus Rashford, Paul Pogba, Antonio Valencia and Eric Bailly all start. Great from Pogba, awful from Hart.
Lukaku and Matic look set to get their Premier League debuts.More news: Jason Garrett shocked by length but not suspension of Ezekiel Elliott
Asked if the league is always United's priority, Carrick continues: "The league is special because it is such a tough division to win". Red Devils fans will be optimistic for an assault on the Premier League title and it could turn into reality, providing they manage to transfer some of their home draws into wins.
- Central Intelligence Agency chief says 'nothing imminent' in US-North Korea standoff
- Weekend tropical outlook: A depression could develop in the Atlantic
- Hizbul Mujahideen operations commander Yasin Itoo among 3 killed in Shopian encounter
- Ben Davies, Dele Alli star in Tottenham's win against Newcastle
- FTSE 100 plunges as investors worry about United States and North Korea tensions
- 2017-18 EPL season starts with seven-goal Arsenal-Leicester thriller
- Singer Bruno Mars donates $1 million to victims of Flint water crisis
- Trump Signs Veterans Affairs Legislation as He Condemns Violence in Charlottesville
- Chances for Rain, Storms Continue into the Weekend
- Alexandre Lacazette starts for Arsenal in season curtain-raiser against Leicester