The Red Devils finished sixth last season, largely due to their home form, and qualified for the Champions League by winning the Europa League.More news: FTSE 100 plunges as investors worry about United States and North Korea tensions
And he then doubled United's lead seven minutes after the restart, heading Henrikh Mkhitaryan's free kick into the bottom corner. Blind can do a job on the left, but his speed is a major concern and hasn't looked sharp in the build-up, so the Italy worldwide looks like the best bet at this moment in time.
Pogba played a sublime chipped through ball to team-mate Juan Mata at 0-0, with the Spaniard baring down on goal.More news: North Korea Tensions Hit Global Stock Markets
The Belgium striker, a £75 million ($97.6 million, 82.5 million euros) signing from Everton, struck either side of half-time to take his tally of goals against West Ham to 11 in his last 11 appearances.
And the Argentinian paid a heavy price for that foul for, when Mkhitaryan floated over the consequent free-kick, that man Lukaku ghosted in front of Masuaku to nod home his second goal of the afternoon. Lukaku's finish was emphatic, rebounding in off one of the uprights, and he rightly took the attention as a goal-scoring debutant, but Rashford's quick, direct running made it. By that point, West Ham's heads had already dropped. Marcus Rashford, Paul Pogba, Antonio Valencia and Eric Bailly all start. Great from Pogba, awful from Hart.
Lukaku and Matic look set to get their Premier League debuts.More news: Central Intelligence Agency chief says 'nothing imminent' in US-North Korea standoff
Asked if the league is always United's priority, Carrick continues: "The league is special because it is such a tough division to win". Red Devils fans will be optimistic for an assault on the Premier League title and it could turn into reality, providing they manage to transfer some of their home draws into wins.
- Ben Davies, Dele Alli star in Tottenham's win against Newcastle
- Alvaro Morata scores his first goal for Chelsea in defeat to Burnley
- Jason Garrett shocked by length but not suspension of Ezekiel Elliott
- Leaders of US, France Discuss N. Korean Issue
- Virginia governor to white nationalists: 'Go home ... Shame on you'
- Trump Signs Veterans Affairs Legislation as He Condemns Violence in Charlottesville
- NY man kills mother, sister, 3rd woman with hammer
- Yuvraj Singh, Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja left out for SL ODIs
- 1MDB remits US$350m to IPIC as part payment of settlement
- Scaramucci on Trump Charlottesville statement: The president "needed to be much harsher"