Brussels has added nine individuals and four entities including state-owned Foreign Trade Bank (FTB) to its sanctions list, thus bringing the total number of individuals listed by the European Union to 103 and 57 entities.
"This resolution was adopted on 5 August 2017 in response to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK)'s ongoing nuclear-weapon and ballistic missile-development activities, in violation and flagrant disregard of previous UN Security Council resolutions", the EU's statement said.
The European Union expanded its sanctions on North Korea as the back and forth between the USA and Pyongyang escalated.More news: 15 dead, 32 injured as blast hits army truck in Pakistan
The warning is the latest in an exchange of bellicose rhetoric that has heightened concerns about a possible conflict between Washington and Pyongyang.
Mogherini's decision to convene the meeting came amid a scalding war of words between the DPRK and the United States.
The EU also urged North Korea to immediately halt provocations, while calling on other related countries to seek the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula through peaceful ways.More news: Breaking the Precedents, Facebook Quietly Launched an App in China
"Military solutions are now fully in place, locked and loaded, should North Korea act unwisely", Trump tweeted.
New sanctions against North Korea imposed in connection with the testing of Intercontinental ballistic missiles, which Pyongyang has held in July.
Kim will "truly regret it and he will regret it fast" if he utters an overt threat at Guam or any territory belonging to the U.S. or its allies, Trump added.More news: United States destroyer in South China Sea violated law, harmed security
- Detroit Red Wings condemn use of logo by white nationalists at rally
- Political tensions continue to weigh on world stocks
- Two dead after helicopter crash in Albemarle County
- Gorakhpur hospital deaths: Central team finds BRD Medical College 'overcrowded'
- City's mega-spending is a one-off, insists Guardiola
- United Nations decries Nigerian Army's "unauthorised" search on its Base in Maiduguri
- Jeter-Sherman to add runner-up to group
- Usain Bolt, India's relay teams in action
- Broncos Derek Wolfe says he "dodged a bullet" on ankle injury
- Biggest Threat to Trump's Agenda Comes from Fellow Republicans