Brussels has added nine individuals and four entities including state-owned Foreign Trade Bank (FTB) to its sanctions list, thus bringing the total number of individuals listed by the European Union to 103 and 57 entities.
"This resolution was adopted on 5 August 2017 in response to the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK)'s ongoing nuclear-weapon and ballistic missile-development activities, in violation and flagrant disregard of previous UN Security Council resolutions", the EU's statement said.
The European Union expanded its sanctions on North Korea as the back and forth between the USA and Pyongyang escalated.More news: Sir Mo Farah claims silver in 5000 metres at world athletics championships
The warning is the latest in an exchange of bellicose rhetoric that has heightened concerns about a possible conflict between Washington and Pyongyang.
Mogherini's decision to convene the meeting came amid a scalding war of words between the DPRK and the United States.
The EU also urged North Korea to immediately halt provocations, while calling on other related countries to seek the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula through peaceful ways.More news: City's mega-spending is a one-off, insists Guardiola
"Military solutions are now fully in place, locked and loaded, should North Korea act unwisely", Trump tweeted.
New sanctions against North Korea imposed in connection with the testing of Intercontinental ballistic missiles, which Pyongyang has held in July.
Kim will "truly regret it and he will regret it fast" if he utters an overt threat at Guam or any territory belonging to the U.S. or its allies, Trump added.More news: The Spider-Man Spinoff Silver And Black Is Coming In February 2019
- Danish submarine owner accused of causing Swedish journalist's death
- North Korea refuses to stop nuclear weapon development, threatens US over sanctions
- Brokerages Set Noble Corporation (NYSE:NE) Target Price at $6.32
- Former Ottawa Senators GM Bryan Murray Dies at Age 74
- Political tensions continue to weigh on world stocks
- Two dead after helicopter crash in Albemarle County
- Zillow Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:Z) Rating Reiterated by Cowen and Company
- FS Investment Corporation (FSIC) Trades at New 52-Week High
- Detroit Red Wings condemn use of logo by white nationalists at rally
- The Precision Drilling Corporation (PDS) Earns "Hold" Rating from Piper Jaffray Companies