The Associated Press is reporting that a "drunken American man" was summarily slugged for giving the Nazi salute in downtown Dresden, Germany.
The incident occurred early Saturday morning, apparently after a night of drinking.
Dresden police would not give the Americans name or hometown for privacy reasons.More news: Chances for Rain, Storms Continue into the Weekend
The tourist also had the insignia of "unconstitutional organizations, which includes Nazi symbols". The tourist, who suffered minor injuries, is under investigation for violating Germany's strict laws against displaying or promoting Nazi symbols.
The American was detained by German police. According to official accounts, the unknown attacker fled the scene and is now being sought for causing bodily harm.
The tourist was heavily intoxicated and had a blood alcohol level of 0.276 percent.More news: Brexit deal not 'back door' to staying in EU: Ministers
German children give the Nazi salute. The two tourists were fined almost $600 each but were permitted to leave the country with their tour group, police said. He is wanted for questioning by Dresden police.
The incident came just a week after two Chinese tourists landed in trouble, when they were caught taking photos in front of the iconic Reichstag in Berlin, while demonstrating the prohibited Nazi salute.
But as one British paper pointed out, those who know the history of the Nazi salute should know not to do it.More news: Four-midable Manchester United sweep West Ham aside in Premier League opener
- North Korea Tensions Hit Global Stock Markets
- There could be a female manager in EPL soon, feels Wenger
- Virginia governor to white nationalists: 'Go home ... Shame on you'
- Alvaro Morata scores his first goal for Chelsea in defeat to Burnley
- Ben Davies, Dele Alli star in Tottenham's win against Newcastle
- Singer Bruno Mars donates $1 million to victims of Flint water crisis
- English-fluent new Foreign Minister Kono makes global debut at ASEAN gathering
- Congress seeks UP CM Yogi Adityanath's apology over Gorakhpur deaths
- 2017-18 EPL season starts with seven-goal Arsenal-Leicester thriller
- Fourth Summer Signing: Mourinho Reveals The Type Of Player He Wants Bring