"I think that the president unfortunately has elevated Kim Jong-Un now", McCaskill said at a town hall meeting Friday, the Daily Journal Online reported.
The UK and the United States are working together on the North Korean crisis resolution by peaceful means, UK Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson said Saturday.
Even as President Donald Trump says the USA military is "locked and loaded" to potentially unleash "fire and fury" on North Korea, the two feuding countries have been holding secretive, back-channel talks, The Associated Press reported Friday.More news: Danish submarine owner accused of causing Swedish journalist's death
State-run China Central Television quoted Xi as telling the president that the "relevant parties must maintain restraint and avoid words and deeds that would exacerbate the tension on the Korean Peninsula". "What we need is someone bringing calm to the situation, not spiking it".
Following that vote, reports indicated that the country has developed a miniaturized nuclear warhead capable of fitting on a missile. "Well, he's acting more responsible than this guy".
Pyongyang responded by announcing plans for a series of missile test firings towards the US Pacific island territory of Guam - the home to two major US military bases.More news: Two dead after helicopter crash in Albemarle County
In a process dubbed the "New York channel", Joseph Yun, the U.S. envoy for North Korea policy and the only American to meet with North Koreans, passes messages back and forth between the two nuclear-armed nations.
As a precaution, Japan has deployed missile defence batteries under the path a North Korean missile might take. With the investment in infrastructure the North Korean people's lives would be improved and a dialogue would be opened.More news: Dulquer Salmaan All Set To Make His Bollywood Debut
- EPL: Burnley stun nine-man Chelsea
- Neymar's debut for Paris Saint-Germain could be delayed again
- 'It's happened again!' - Vardy frustrated by another Leicester defeat to Arsenal
- Alexandre Lacazette scores just minutes into his Arsenal debut
- Broncos Derek Wolfe says he "dodged a bullet" on ankle injury
- EU Slaps Sanctions On Additional North Korean Nationals
- Mourinho eyes second season glory with United
- Brokerages Set Noble Corporation (NYSE:NE) Target Price at $6.32
- Money no object for City, but Guardiola must deliver
- BlackRock Municipal Income Trus (NYSE:BFK) Trading Volume Significantly Higher