Arsenal opened the scoring in the second minute but the Foxes hit back to lead 2-1 and then 3-2 before the Gunners' spectacular comeback in the closing minutes.
"Overall I must say we kept going and the spirit of the team was absolutely outstanding", he said in his post-match interview.
'A player I am a big fan of, ' is how Jamie Carragher described Olivier Giroud on Friday night.More news: Chances for Rain, Storms Continue into the Weekend
The fiercely entertaining game undoubtedly revealed both weaknesses and strengths in Arsenal's side - but it's early days and the result certainly won't win them the league in the same way it won't lose it for Leicester.
Wenger said he had given the former Montpellier man the chance to leave but is delighted he opted to stay put.
"I think we have all seen the amusing business of the transfer window and we never know what is round the corner".
Danny Welbeck equalised for Arsenal on the stroke of half time, but Vardy's second looked to have won it for Craig Shakespeare's side until the final frenetic minutes.
Giroud, who had a hard time getting into the starting XI last season as Wenger preferred to play Alexis Sanchez as the lone striker, has been vocal in his desire to play more games from start.More news: Which insiders are trading Nokia Corporation (NYSE:NOK)?
"When you are a football manager and you're 3-2 down with 20 minutes left, you're happy however you win", he said. "Because one was a corner, one was a goal where we lost the ball in the build-up and the third goal was a corner again".
With what will surely be the first of many Lacazette has already got his first Arsenal goal in his first Premier League outing, joining Freddie Ljungberg, Emmanuel Adebayor, Samir Nasri and Thomas Vermaelen in doing so in the Wenger era.
"I feel good in my head and also physically".
"We encourage our midfield players to play balls in behind".More news: Trump Signs Veterans Affairs Legislation as He Condemns Violence in Charlottesville
- Gold buoyed by North Korea tensions, United States inflation data
- Keith Ellison Says Kim Jong Un 'Acting More Responsible' Than Trump
- Team Liquid Wins The International 2017 Dota 2 Event
- Scaramucci on Trump Charlottesville statement: The president "needed to be much harsher"
- Hizbul Mujahideen operations commander Yasin Itoo among 3 killed in Shopian encounter
- Ben Davies, Dele Alli star in Tottenham's win against Newcastle
- Liverpool boss Klopp makes worrying admission about Philippe Coutinho
- 1MDB remits US$350m to IPIC as part payment of settlement
- Leaders of US, France Discuss N. Korean Issue
- NY man kills mother, sister, 3rd woman with hammer