"He came out and made a statement which we are all aware of but while he trains and plays and is professional the way he is, he will be considered for selection". While Lacazette has started with an impressive performance in the Community Shield match, Kolasinac went a step further to score the all-important equaliser leading to the Arsenal win in the Community Shield. It was one of the days of recent weeks for me because I know how important he is, not only as a player, he is a fantastic player, but as well in the group.
The English Premier League is going to be back with a bang as Arsenal take on Leicester City in the opening match tonight.
Ramsey smashed a sitter from a few yards out and Giroud headed the game victor off the crossbar.More news: The Precision Drilling Corporation (PDS) Earns "Hold" Rating from Piper Jaffray Companies
Lacazette is simple in every game.
"I must tell you I opened the door for him at some stage (to leave) because it's important for him to play".
Wenger added: "We know defensively we can do better but overall we produced a top-quality game".
Vardy terrorised a makeshift Arsenal defence throughout but was left to reflect on a last-gasp loss to the Gunners in north London for the third time in as many seasons.More news: Former Ottawa Senators GM Bryan Murray Dies at Age 74
England striker Vardy put the visitors 2-1 ahead just before the half hour, darting into the box to rifle another fine Albrighton cross past Cech after the winger had pounced on a poor square ball from Arsenal midfielder Mezut Ozil.
Jamie struct again in the 56th minute to make 3-2 for The Foxes before Aaron Ramsey's 83rd and Giroud's 85th minutes goals prove decisive at the Emirates Stadium. Leicester re-took the lead on 58 minutes, with Vardy heading home Riyad Mahrez's corner.
Leicester showed plenty of endeavour as they came close to causing an upset in the Premier League's first fixture. You can not keep the strikers happy when they don't play.
"I love the man and the player [Giroud] and he doesn't want to leave and I'm happy that he wants to stay". We've been courageous to the end and thank God we won the game.More news: Brokerages Set Noble Corporation (NYSE:NE) Target Price at $6.32
- Political tensions continue to weigh on world stocks
- Sir Mo Farah claims silver in 5000 metres at world athletics championships
- How did Twitter react to Arsenal versus Leicester goal fest?
- Biggest Threat to Trump's Agenda Comes from Fellow Republicans
- Wozniacki Reaches 6th Final of 2017 with Win over Stephens in Toronto
- Two dead after helicopter crash in Albemarle County
- Broncos Derek Wolfe says he "dodged a bullet" on ankle injury
- The Spider-Man Spinoff Silver And Black Is Coming In February 2019
- City's mega-spending is a one-off, insists Guardiola
- Kris Jenner defends Life of Kylie after 'boring' criticism from fans