But the former Barcelona and Bayern Munich boss expects even better from City once his new players get used to the tempo of the Premier League. You don't see one player on my team not running. I'm going to be courageous and say the game will finish 4-0.
We played with the best intentions and it was not enough.More news: Washington Nationals vs. San Francisco Giants
"Last season in my first press conference we were the favourites so nothing has changed".
"It was a tough game and a tough introduction into the Premier League, but we know we aren't going to be facing teams like that every week", he said.
"For us, we're up against top-class opposition that will have more possession than we do". "But we were not able to achieve what we were looking for".
"But the season is going to be long and today was an improvement on a lot of things we did last season".More news: Trump Signs Veterans Affairs Legislation as He Condemns Violence in Charlottesville
The new players that come in they have to adjust to the way we want to play.
"It's a wonderful game for the club and supporters, as a first game in the Premier League, but we have to make sure it's a good day for the team as well".
City were frustrated by an obdurate Brighton but got the breakthrough when error from Dale Stephens allowed David Silva to set up Aguero, who slid the ball past goalkeeper Mat Ryan.
"Because I don't think last season the players he had were the type of players that he wanted so you have to rebuild the team around his project and the way he wants to play - it's a tough job for him". Hopefully the work we did last season - when being champions was not possible - we can see it this season because the work is done. Romelu Lukaku should bring goals, which were a particular issue against lesser sides: United drew 10 home matches last season, at least eight of which it could be said to have dominated.More news: English-fluent new Foreign Minister Kono makes global debut at ASEAN gathering
- 'N Korean missiles can reach Guam in 14 minutes'
- Fargo Public Library to host two solar eclipse events
- Organisers to blame for Bolt's collapse - team-mates
- Central Intelligence Agency chief says 'nothing imminent' in US-North Korea standoff
- English-fluent new Foreign Minister Kono makes worldwide debut at ASEAN gathering
- Drunk American Assaulted After Giving Nazi Salute in Germany
- AK Steel Holding Corporation (AKS) Lifted to Hold at Zacks Investment Research
- Chief of Staff Kelly Reviewing White House Changes
- Central Intelligence Agency chief says 'nothing imminent' in US-N.Korea standoff
- Four-midable Manchester United sweep West Ham aside in Premier League opener